Saturday, October 22, 2016

I am Samira... "With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things." ~William Wordsworth


"With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things." ~William Wordsworth
Work In Progress charcoal and paint mixed media by Amy Samira Sperry Faldet I have not finished this piece but she was born in my heart yesterday and I have reached an understanding with my art and myself. I struggled as many of you know with allowing myself to be free in so many ways... then, I embraced how life is sometimes messy and mixed media became my great love... lately, I have struggled with how to blend what is in my heart aching to join the world and the mixed media that has given me freedom. What brings a joyful tear to my eye now is that I am finding myself this Summer and Fall in a way that feels like I am harmonizing my soul. I feel like beautiful Samira... I am having a gentle conversation this evening with my heart. I love being this stronger, braver, me. I am recognizing my heart name... Samira.
What would your heart name be, my loves?
I feel souls are filled with discord, different thoughts, filling out, into the essence of what it is to be... when we embrace this idea, rather than fight, the inner thoughts that make up who we are in accord with those around us, we see that all along, our souls are, as DaVinci noted, harmony. We are harmony. Bring together the things that give you pause, give you worry, make you feel scattered, tired, confused, or bewildered, and see that without different notes, there could be no harmony in music, and so it is with the soul. Love the way you grow by experience. It is how we will sing as one and it unifies the direction of love. ~Amy
I am at such harmony with this WIP drawing and painting and I am creating from a place that somehow allows me to balance and grow...
"Harmony is a beautiful balance between mind, body, and soul, measured in tender, peaceful, moments." ~Koulouris
"Harmony makes small things grow, lack of it, makes great things decay." ~Sallust




No comments: