Saturday, January 31, 2015

"To free ourselves from the expectations of others..."

...To give back to ourselves... there lies the great singular power of self-respect."~Didion
These paintings are mine... They are the work of a fabulous, sweet, powerful, kind, passionate, artist and human... They are not and could not be created by anyone less.
Every brush stroke was an act of courage...
Each moment was one of breath and hope...
I had to open my heart...
I have to allow myself to love the idea of love.
 
I had to and still have to see that I am a moonchild that loves the dark and the stars...
 
I must believe in the fairytale that I am.
 
 

3 comments:

Jess said...

Gorgeous heartfelt work Amy. I've been doing a similar thing myself these past few days, I find that letting go of the expectations of others is a difficult thing to do, especially as a mother my life has always revolved around the needs of others. I haven't shown any this work yet. Your heart shines through your paintings. :) x

Palomasea said...

A fairytale you are indeed, strong, beautiful soul...
Thank you for your exquisite art and inspiration...
Sending you MUCH love, dearest Amy...
♡♡♡
~ Irina

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you for your light. Blessings and thanks.