Sunday, September 14, 2014

Build something.

In July, my significant other tried to break me down with a final blow, for words were no longer effective for him.  He tried to beat me.  He broke my body to try to break my spirit.  This is unacceptable.  Now, after having time to heal, to feel, to look, I say these things...

Adore, from the Latin adorare... to speak with love... oration, speech, to tell, these things are on my mind. "Why art? If our senses and consciousness were entirely in tune with Nature, if we could communicate and understand each other, ...then, there wouldn't be any need for art. In fact, we would all be artists, because we would all be as one." ~Words and Pictures speech. I write and create to express. It is really that simple. I adore this turn at life. I tell the world, all the time. I know how it does not measure up, this life, how things seem wicked... I have seen it all, lived a lot of it, breathed through it and bled with it. What I say to this is we are artists. Everyone. Look not at the world to find conflict. Look not at the world to find faults. Look not there. We do not travel around the world as a whole to look at what crumbled, as tourists. No one goes around visiting fault lines. We artists, we tourists, in this experience, travel to where we will see what was built. We go to see what was created, how things came together, how we come together, teams play, art is made, media blended, words strung. If you can do one thing with this day you have been given, stop noticing the fault lines, griping about the injustices, making a scene about inequities, and build something! Build your family, make something beautiful, support something broken. Teach that to your self, to your children. Teach by creating.
"Those who escape hell, however, never talk about it, never talk about it, and nothing much bothers them after that." ~Bukowski
"Drink from the well of yourself and begin, again." ~Bukowski

4 comments:

Denise said...

You sound strong right now,I'm happy about that.I feel for You.Let whatever has happened make You a stronger better person......and that's just what I am hearing from You.Keep it up and Your eyes to the Mountains,Ocean and the Great plains because the creator is who gives You the strength-God Himself.

Jacqui said...

My experiences resonate with yours dear friend. My deep thoughts and prayers go out to you. Keep strong and go with your intuition
Much love
Jacqui

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you so much. Love, Amy

Victoria said...

Deeply moving..beautiful words..profound insights..thank you for sharing your powerful journey of healing and shining your amazing-light...massive hugs and sparkles and much love to you kindred-sister! You are inspiring..unbreakable and magical!
Victoria