Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Love the art inside you...

"To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it." ~Ray
I have been given the opportunity to let my heart shine before.  I will always be grateful for those who have chosen to make my art or words more visible in putting my paintings in a little light!  Whether it is by having an artist like Rena Veerkamp Askey choose my words or being able to be in my favorite magazine, Somerset Studio, I love that creativity is what really is the feature when that happens.  It is not so much my art or someone else's art, it is that what is inside a person's heart is being shared in order to enhance this experience called life. 

Life is easily repetitive.  I love that sometimes.  I know where to spend my energy when I see the road before me with clarity.  
Life is easily unpredictable.  I love that sometimes.  I can assess where to shine my light. 
Art and writing for me are comparable to life.  I start a painting with a very clear palette of intention.  I call it Palette Courage.  Any color can be in Palette Courage.  This palette I use, just happens to be mine.  I find it comforting because the colors are my heart colors.  I love lime green, teal or robin's egg blue, pink, white, yellow and brown.  
The unpredictable part, the part that comes because I have made myself a silky, strong, tether, with this palette, comes next.

I don't plan.
I jump.  I show up with my gear... Modge Podge, old sheet music, vintage words, brushes, paints, paper... and I jump.
After this, I am flying with color, loving all I feel, all I see in my imagination.
This is Palette Courage.
I ask you to create your strong, silky, tether, today, whatever that may be and leap towards a love of life so deep that you can never fall to harm.  That is my wish for you, today.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

So beautiful and inspiring, thanks for sharing your beautiful soul!
Hugs kindred
Victoria

Palomasea said...

'Love the art inside you"...!!!

You, magnificent Amy, are a treasure and a blessing...

I love seeing you regularly on FB...
So grateful for your art, and your heart.. :)

Blessings,
- Irina

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

I had stopped blogging, feeling as if there was not enough time for it. And then realized how much I missed it. So I began again. This time writing under my real name (Lin) instead of my pen name (Zuzu).

What was I thinking? There's always time for who and what we love. And today, I found you again, Amy.

Lucky, lucky me.
Lin

Chrisy said...

Beautiful sentiments Amy; the selfless sharing; thank you.