Saturday, April 5, 2014

"When once you have tasted flight..."

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.”
~Henry Van Dyke
I wonder sometimes if the only thing that keeps us from flight is our fright.  I was not sure how this was going to go.  I bought a large canvas.  It is the largest I have ever tried.  I wonder sometimes if we are all just little children in different times, even as adults.  For, when you try something new, you are new in that moment.
I wanted to try a very messy mixed media with cupcake papers and lovebirds and hot air balloons at my Netherworld Circus!  I was unsure for a couple hours one morning contemplating how to begin. 
I just had to listen to myself, ask wonderful, thoughtful, people and the air and fire I needed for lift-off came to me! I am smitten.
I actually have a crush on cupcake papers, now after doing this painting!
(I think the feeling is mutual, hee hee). They made whimsical additions to a art piece that truly made me feel that love was in the air. 
I wonder if the sweet couple's embrace could have ever happened without them, for it was the cupcake papers that called to tell the story of love and celebration and all the songs of the heart.
It is uplifting to listen to your heart.
Try it.
Let it take you places you never dared to go.
 

5 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Amy, your new work on a big canvas is beautiful. It has a light and airy feel to them, so uplifting!
Jess x

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I thank-you! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Blessings, Amy

Shelley Whiting said...

Your work is carefree, airy and magical. Wonderful work!

Palomasea said...

How beautiful...always, always beautiful... :)
Thank you for you and your inspiration!
Love and blessings,
- Irina

A Magical Whimsy said...

I need to visit your whimsical blog more often!
The post office is coming out with Barnum and Bailey Circus 'forever' stamps on Monday...they are awesome!
I already have the 'Harry Potter' forever stamps,which are so cool! I hate to use them!
I love your vibrant style and it is so lovely you are being published again, and again in Somerset Studio.
hugs,
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/