Saturday, July 6, 2013

In the end, only kindness matters...


 
I have fairytales around my heart at all times, the good, the bad, the ugly, the inspiring.  I created this fairytale space for those thoughts and musings.  It is always there for me.  I am, at times, pulled, and stressed, just disappointed. I become forgetful, of what is true north for me.  I know on my compass what is true north.  I have faith in myself.  I have faith in humanity.  These things are true north.  I have always found play in the idea of a hand compass with a jewel bearing for smoothness after first hearing the song, “Hands” by Jewel, for this song is what I would read to my children as a guidepost before sleep.  The lyrics are to guide them in how to see life, and their roles in it.  It is a compass for me.  I will continue to read these lyrics to my six year old, now that he is of that age to understand what all of it entails. I sit on the porch, tonight, after witnessing so much in the last couple weeks.  There has been disappointment by some who can’t see the blessings in front of them, accidents and illness to break the heart, it seems, and signs of humanity, kindness, selflessness and responsibility, too.  It is all there.  It always is.  I love people who love experience.  I love people who focus on what matters and remember this true north.  I strive to be that, every day of my life.  I am never broken.  Here are the lyrics.  May they be a guidepost.  I thank all of you who know what you have done and continue to be a light. 

“Hands” by Jewel

If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be that we’re all ok.  And not to worry because worry is wasteful and useless in times like these.  I won’t be made useless.  I won’t be idle with despair.  I will gather myself around my faith for light does the darkness most fear.  My hands are small I know, but, they’re not yours, they are my own, but they’re not yours, they are my own,

And I am never broken.

Poverty stole your golden shoes.  It didn’t steal your laughter.

And heartache came to visit me.  But, I knew I wasn’t ever after.

We’ll fight, not out of spite, for someone must stand up for what’s right cause where there’s a man who has no voice, there ours shall go singing. 

My hands are small I know, but, they’re not yours, they are my own, but they’re not yours, they are my own,

And I am never broken.

In the end, only kindness matters. 

In the end, only kindness matters.

I am never broken.

We are never broken.
Photo by Amy Sperry Faldet of a card given me today by a co-worker just because she knows I would treat it with kindness.  Thank-you for having faith in me.

6 comments:

Palomasea said...

You are always a source of light, dear Amy...so excited to see a new post from you! :)
These are timeless and beautiful lyrics...I know some of Jewel's songs, and now I absolutely must listen to this one. You have given me exactly what I needed today.
Thank you, beautiful friend.
Love, light, and blessings...
- Irina

Georgianna said...

So true and so touching, dear Amy. I know you see and feel such truths and it's always a comfort to me to know you are there, in your sweet house, far away but very close.

Love you lots,

G

Chrisy said...

Uplifting, affirming words. It's so easy to become discouraged with the world...one has to be centred...to know what's important and where one stands. Yes, kindness always....

Kathryn Louise said...

I recognised the title of the song from your header.
I love it too, Jewel has such a way of writing that touches the soul doesn't she.
How lovely that you choose to use it as a focus and pray for your children each night.
I also like your reference to the compass and having our own true north
May we always be guided by it
Love n light, kat

Kathryn Louise said...

I meant *prayer* ;)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH DEAR...to see YOU again this morning is like a light went on in a dark corner! AMY! How kind of you to leave me a message on my writing blog; I know my dear, life gets full and busy and it is so difficult to reach EVERYONE in our lives who have touched us in a special way...and to think you drove through STILLWATER? Well two weeks ago, we drove to Lake Geneva WI to be in a wedding and I thought of YOU!

Your post is so positive and you know as well as I do that light outshines the darkness. To engage in kindness and in love is the best weapon of defense and offense, isn't it?

There is so much to discuss and yes, please? ONE DAY may we meet in Stillwater?

Thank you again for coming by Ecrire au fil de la plume. LOVE, Anita