Monday, July 29, 2013

"Buy the ticket. Take the ride." ~Thompson

Is life an endless circle, a wild circus?
"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely, miserable, racked with sorrow, but, through it all, I still know quite certainly, that just to be alive is a grand thing."  ~Agatha Christie
I have felt like I was going in circles, lately, on the little things, on the big things, everything.  I still have it sicken my heart sometimes and feel alone in it all, even surrounded by all these hearts.  It wasn't until this morning when I was working, again, on one of my circus paintings with a carousel, that I realized, maybe, the ride, is ok.  I do like to pull a Mary Poppins and jump off the monotonous ride, (is it monotonous, or is it just my perspective?)

But, I am just not a race person.  It has kept me from goals, which breaks my heart, when I let it.
But, I must remember that my circle is good.  I send others light and greetings from my perch and I realize, whipping my horse into a frenzy is no way to treat a friend, or myself.  I must sit during these times of clarity and embrace them.
I have turned into a dreamland gypsy.
I
stay
here
but
my heart is
traveling.
When
I don't
let
my
mind
go with
I hurt.
 
Where
is my heart?
It is in the Netherworld.
I am a nether gypsy with my Dutch Blue Lovebirds at the Circus Series of paintings.
It is my carousel.
It is just where I need to be.
Why?
Because it is where I am,
and that is enough.
"All philosophies, if you ride them home, are nonsense, but, some are greater nonsense than others."
~Samuel Butler
I will re-mind myself to always examine my thoughts.
Paintings by Amy Sperry Faldet
Girl and Carousel love found on Tumblr
 

 

6 comments:

Georgianna said...

Dearest Amy, As always, wise words and an insightful view. Your ride is a grand one, a special, magical, dreamy one that I love sharing. I'm so excited about these paintings and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful travels down your own unique path. xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest HEART!!!!!! Agatha was right; and you are on the same wavelength I can see, as I am. First of all, we are alive. HALLELUJAH. We are educators, but more so, life-long learners of the WORDS that move, that transform, that live on after we are gone. Peace be to you, carry on, and let the wild thing be tamed to perfection. Anita

Palomasea said...

Oh, to be in the presence of two of my favorite people in the whole world!!! A blessing indeed!!! :)))
Amy, what gorgeous paintings....the colors are delicious.
And you always seem to speak right to my heart....
Sending you much love and light, beautiful one....
May joy and contentment be loving companions...
Here's to all of us nether Gypsies! ;)
Blessings,
- Irina

Palomasea said...

Just popping in to say hello, lovely Amy....
Miss your posts...I hope all is well...
Love and blessings,
- Irina :)

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love you all. Thank-you.

Palomasea said...

xoxoxoxo :)