Monday, June 10, 2013

Will you draw me an atlas of the clouds?

These are inspired by my watching Cloud Atlas.  Rie Cramer is an artist from Holland during the Golden Age of fairytale who illustrated many of Grimm's stories. I am in awe this evening.  Blessings, mysteries, and light from Amy to you.

Power, time, gravity, love. The forces that really kick ass are all invisible.

“Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.”
 

“Belief, like fear or love, is a force to be understood as we understand the theory of relativity and principals of uncertainty. Phenomena that determine the course of our lives. Yesterday, my life was headed in one direction. Today, it is headed in another. Yesterday, I believe I would never have done what I did today. These forces that often remake time and space, that can shape and alter who we
imagine ourselves to be, begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. Our lives and our choices, like quantum trajectories, are understood moment to moment. That each point of intersection, each encounter, suggest a new potential direction. Proposition, I have fallen in love with Luisa Rey. Is this possible? I just met her and yet, I feel like something important has happened to me.”
 

“…and there, in the background, the sky’s sediment had sunk to a place where all the woe of the words ‘I am’ dissolved into blue peace.
He said it, ‘The ocean.”’
These quotes above are from Cloud Atlas.

"I am in love with this life," she said.  "There are thousands of moments." (Quote by Amy Sperry Faldet)

2 comments:

Palomasea said...

Beautiful!!!
You bless me so with each and every post, dear Amy...
Love and light to you,
- Irina :)

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You bless me with your words and heart! Thanks, dear.