Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I see...

“One felt as if there was an enormous well behind them. Filled up with ages of memory and long, slow, steady thinking; but their surface was sparkling with the present : like sun shimmering on the outer leaves of a vast tree, or on the ripples of a very deep lake. I don’t know, but it felt as if something that grew in the ground—asleep, you might say, or just feeling itself as something between roof-tip and leaf-tip, between deep earth and sky had suddenly waked up, and was considering you with the same slow care that it had given to its own inside affairs for endless years.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
All I ask is for all of us to see how things will unfold, how they are, how they were, how it is not so simple to look and see. 
The big picture is so hard for most to find.  "Why don't they see the hundreds of years before or ahead?" This is what I ask myself.  Evil comes out slowly, never really leaves.  Lives, at times, under one's roof.  But, know that love lives there, too, in my heart and that, and my actions are the strength I understand.  Love is not to be brushed aside at times of war, it sometimes has to be put in front as the banner that flies for us to conquer the evil that has grown and sprung.  Divisions are becoming almost impassable.  It is the way.  It is.  Apathy.  That is lack in times of abundance or poverty.  Apathy.  That is lack in times of comfort or discomfort.  Apathy.  That is what kills millions.  See before it is shoved in your face.  See before you suffer with the quick deep wound.  You see, I have seen, since time for me, began, the little knife cuts in this world of apathy and the deep wounds still hurt beyond words.  So, I decide to act everyday with love, with a depth most see as odd at best,  with compassion at each moment, each test, and I have woven my mail as such and am constantly giving it away, so that the tender and the hurt and the "hungry" are in less pain.  That is my role here.  It is all I know how to do.  I am glad to know all of you who do this, too.

No comments: