Friday, July 27, 2012

Mad Tea Party with Vanessa Valencia!

Never forget to be who you are.  Anyone who wants you to be less than this is a lesson to learn.
Understand your special mix.

Drink in all you sense and it will help you grow and change.
Don't be saddened by the "sharp" ones who hurt.
Embrace those who love the daisy, the pinwheel, the bike bells, and candy necklaces.
When you see those friends, give them a "ring-ring!" They are the joy-givers!
I have a strange, wondrous, home.  I love to fill it with drawers of fun, beauty, treasures, lesson plans! I am ecclectic!
I know!
It is what helps me glow!
I keep my suitcases by my bed, so dreams of travel fill my head.
You never know what you will find when you open-up one of my drawers or boxes. 
I am full of surprises.
I don't let just anyone in.
You must be trusted to know my mix.
I am many teas, all in one.
Because I am kind, you may think I am transparent, easy to define.
This is hardly true.
I am here to tell you.

I leave my stamp, though... when I care, you know.
I see and sense more than most.  I feel so much.
I draw what I see and what I don't.
Inside nooks you will find what I see inside my mind.
I draw Da Vinci because he saw life and how it worked.
I see each day as a Wonderland...  Each person intrigues... thank goodness for Vanessa Valencia and all the artists, writers, sense-ers, I meet that understand that life can be the greatest faerytale. I thank-you for sharing how I see and how I tea! I hope you enjoy visiting all the other blogland tea parties! See the link below to visit more lovely mixes...
http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/
Drawings and photography by Amy Sperry Faldet  Check me out in Somerset Studio, Somerset Workshop, at Crescendoh.com, as Jo Packham's Inspirational Artist of the Week for Where Women Create and as book reviewer for Holt Publishers for The Girl With Glass Feet  on my sidebar.  Blessings, Amy

29 comments:

Idamaria said...

Received your cute thank you note, loved the image! tee, hee. your blog is as beautiful as your mind!

Tammie Lee said...

such a lovely post
a fairytale dream land

Meeha Meeha said...

Love the drawings :)

Teacup Mosaics said...

A very special peek inside your world. I love to hear,"I draw what I see in my mind". Thank you and enjoy the party!
Kelley
http://teacupmosaics.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-wonderful-mad-tea-party.html

Rachel said...

Wonderful messages, I'll certainly be taking them on board. Thanks so much for sharing.

R x

Emalina said...

what a nice post, and very wise words too :)

Please come take a cuppa with me at my party, link here:

http://idlebakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/a-mad-tea-party-in-idle-wonderland.html

Mad Madam Mel said...

Wise words indeed :) and a lovely post:)
Mad Madam Mel x

http://www.madmadammel.com/2012/07/a-mad-tea-party-2012.html

The Weekend Artist said...

Amazing words and wonderful suitcases! Thanks for sharing!

http://theweekendartist.blogspot.com/2012/07/mad-tea-party-2012.html

Natasha said...

Thankyou for inviting me in. I will definitely try some of the mix! xx

Fair Rosamund said...

Absolutely beautiful Amy! I am so grateful for your friendship, light and creativity :) ~Lauren

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a lovely Mad Tea Party post. I really enjoyed it. :) Hope you can come visit with me, too.
http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2012/07/mad-tea-party-post-and-giveaway.html
Sincerely, Theresa :)
Happy Mad Tea Party Day!

Lisa said...

A very beautiful and personal party - I am so happy I was able to visit. You sound like a kindred spirit.
XO,

Lisa

Tami Von Zalez said...

Popping by from the tea party.

Give me a visit some time ~
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Just such a lovely party! Thanks for stopping by my party!

Kathy said...

Greetings and thank you for inviting me for tea. Please pour me a cup, oh yes, I would like a sweet treat. Thank you for introducing me to your guest and they are all so grand. Thanks for stopping by and for enjoying our tea. We all need to believe in Wonderland, it does exist. It would be a sad, sad world if we didn't believe in Fairytales.
Thanks, Kathy

Kelly said...

How truly wonderful to enjoy a party that comes straight from the Heart!
Thank you for sharing!
Cheers, Kelly

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Sweet Miss Amy ;)

Such touching beautiful inprigin prose!!

You are such a feeling beautiful soul!!!

xoxo

Thank you for the mad tea magic! ;)

Happy Mad Tea Partying!
♥ Vanessa {a fanciful twist}

Sylvia Smiser said...

Hi Amy,
This is a great post and I had a good time reading all about you! I do hope you will come visit my mad tea party and giveaway!
http://anaboocreationsbysylvia.blogspot.com/2012/07/welcome-one-and-all-o-fanciful-madd-tea.html

Linda said...

I had a lovely time at your party.
I loved all your images..great job. Please visit me:
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

DogsMom said...

Happy UnBirthDay!
Thank you for sharing your party and your artwork.

Scrap Vamp said...

What lovely tea party! Thank you so much for inviting me and sharing your thoughts!

http://www.scrapvamp.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

What a wonderful journey into your mix of teas. I truly enjoyed it. I think my teas are quite mixed up as well and I am not sure which one I am drinking each day, but that is the Wonderfully Wonderful Adventure isnt it.

**************
Thank you for inviting me. Oh please do drop in for a Spoonful of Mad Tea over on the Other Side of Wonderland
Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/

retta519 said...

Such sensitivity...lovely, really. Thank you for sharing. I had a wonder-ful visit to your blog.

Kerstin Bulin said...

I ove it...thanks for sharing, have a nice day
Kerstin

http://cobblestone-prims.blogspot.de/2012/07/mad-tea-party-2012.html

8)(8 said...

Beautiful thoughts & photos. It is not easy to find your kind.

I'm amazed by home many are involved in AIW project. My dd has loved AIW since she was three and I think the logic, philosophy, & creativity will serve her all her life.

Lynda said...

I believe you are right, that magic is created by bright creative minds alike! :)

http://butterflydream27.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-mad-tea-party.html

Rhissanna said...

This is one of the best things about the Internet, we can bring all this together, from all over the world and there are no barriers of time or space. it's a wonderful thing to share.


Thank you for inviting me!

http://rhissanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/mad-tea-party-adventure-lost-rabbit.html

Kelly said...

What a lovely combination of elements! Very creative! Thanks for sharing.

Daven Thomas said...

I like all post looking good on this blog.
Pension Advice