Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Drink dawn like a cup of springwater, take in sunset like a supper..."

"Those who don't feel this Love pulling them like a river, those who don't drink dawn like a cup of springwater or take in sunset like a supper, those who don't want to change, let them sleep.  This Love is beyond the study of theology... I've given up on my brain.  I've torn the cloth to shreds and thrown it away." ~ Rumi in Kasl's If the Buddha Married
Albert Einstein is said to have clarified a paradox in life living with others...
In order to solve any problems one must not approach the problem at the level of the problem.  As described in This Time I Dance!!  one will remain a blue caterpillar until one starts to see like a butterfly.  "...A caterpillar will never figure out or handle a butterfly's path."
Can I sit, clear of all the arraignments of supposition?  New, fresh, before flight, morning after night?  I know what it is to never be jealous of someone... it is a strange quirk of mine... can you picture it?  It has never occurred to me to feel what that must feel like.  I used to wonder if that made me cold, less passionate.  I know now it my strange "differently-abledness."  I am not attached to a shell, another, that would make me think there is not enough for me and from what I have gathered from those who have told me, jealousy is when you wish for what others have.  I haven't always had everything I might want, but, just because I do not does not mean I could perceive myself to be less of me. 
What if people dropped the thought that someone must be this, this, and this in order to perceive that they were happy.  What if they looked at life above that and felt their butterfly heart?  I can't see life as if one person gives to him, I won't have mine.  What is mine, anyway?  Perception, only.  Shedding possession of another and the expectations of what role that other should be allows for flight.  Looking over at that friend, just smiling at that friend through the breeze of freedom and change.  Butterflies can't fly attached to another for long; they just spin in circles and if they don't let go to fly together, they crash.  I like borderless places, open doors flooded with light, twilight in a land of soft definitions when I think of friends and loved ones.  It is deeper than any perceived possession.  It is fluid, changing, mutable, kinder, and real.  I will look from the path of the butterfly, come join me...
Photography by the Marvelous Mona Kuhn
Blessings and light, Amy


5 comments:

Zuzu said...

This is so beautiful and true, Amy. I remember watching little birds in the trees years ago, thinking that they have everything they need - and so do we.

Thank you for sharing your light with us.
Hugs,
Zuzu

LuLu Kellogg said...

This is so lovely!

I just tried responding to your comment you left on my Blog and it wouldn't go through. I got a message error saying your email was disabled. I wanted you to know I am so glad you popped by for a visit!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks!!!
Thinking of you, too, dear Zuzu!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Lulu, I am sorry that is happening. My new email is asperryfaldet@gmail.com I had trouble with the faerytalewriter one. I am glad I stopped by, too! You always make me smile and I am grateful for your perspective!!!

Georgianna said...

I join you, Amy. You know I do. In the shining, borderless places.

Incredible.

xoxoxo

Hope you and all are safe and happy.