Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"A Room of One's Own..."

"No need to be anyone but one's self." ~ Virginia Woolf
This little room upstairs in my house is sooo small, toddler size, really.  I am working on making it a cozy nook.  Just a day or two ago, it had construction supplies, paint cans, storage bins, little messes everywhere.    NO WAIT!
BIG messes everywhere in a tiny room! YES! That's it!!! Now, except the art that will hang and some little details, it has become a reading room for anyone who needs a bit of light and quiet.  My daughter, Liv, is now a permanent resident! Love it! I have many treasures from friends, enamel tin for soaking my toes in some floral bath water,  my old, vinyl, records and vintage turntable, projects, books, mementos, aahhh, such lovely things! I read everywhere in the house, not like a specific room was "needed," yet, now, can't see how we lived without it!  The light is amazing, it is a special nook to be one's self.  You are welcome...









4 comments:

Jacqui said...

I like your nook!! I have one too, but it needs a revamp. Enjoy your quiet space

Hugs
Jacqui

Idamaria said...

Is your daughter the same little girl that Giulianna met? They sure grow up fast. I'm sorry to say my 14 yr. old gigi can't come this summer, too busy with her friends. I miss her dearly. we will be going to NY to take some furniture for my daughter heather, will see gigi then. that will have to do. boo hoo. love your photos.

Rena said...

Ammmmy!! I am loving YOUR beautiful room of goodness!! happy happy!!! I hope to see it in person some day!!!

Georgianna said...

Hello, dear Amy! A secret, special reading hideaway – so perfect and soon to be filled with magical memories. And lovely to see Liv – what a beauty, like her Mum. oxxoxo