Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Closing my eyes, I remember...


I love the night. The imagination appears once we close our eyes, have you noticed? The fairytale begins.
How often do you remember hearing someone say, "Just close your eyes and imagine..." to you? It is where we can see ourselves in the brightest light this tight-eyed night. I close my eyes when kissed with such grace and gentleness. The kiss, the delicious, the deep. These are when eyes close and feeling is allowed. It is poetry to feel this way. It is poetry to feel this deep.
Velvet dark. I embrace.
I close my eyes to see a face.
I take me there
just a
blink.
I am there.
Fell.
Feel.
Must.
Trust.
I am there.
We close our eyes when we completely trust. We close our eyes when we wish. It is a resting to find the night in my eyes when the world has been so fierce. It is arresting. A stop to close them. A beginning to close them. The dark, the blue, the lights in you. Stars. A faerytale, its true.

We close our eyes when we are taken to another world with a simple touch.
"Eyes Be Closed" by Washed Out
Inside your voice resounds,
Your thoughts realign
Your words recall to mind
Your short sweet life
Hear voices all in time
Hear the words calling
Feel the wave form now, ride the foam,
See the world clearly now
Rising up you float outside yourself
Find the source of light
You fly home,
you go closer now
Rising towards the light...

7 comments:

Denise said...

I love our other worlds in our wonderful imaginations.You have outstanding talent with beautiful words too.Love to visit your sweet uplifting blog :)Hugs Denise

Holly Loves Art said...

So very beautiful. I hope you're well... happy and healthy! Happy Spring!
Holly

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Last night, we had gone out to a dinner function at the university. Upon leaving, I looked up, saw the moon and Venus. I just wanted to stop and stare, but we were in a rush, looking DOWN on the pavement, calculating our steps to the car. Oh how I just wanted to look up and loose time. Thank you dearest. Anita

Zuzu said...

Wonderful post, Amy. I love the colors and ideas that pop in my head while sleeping. :)
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Georgianna said...

Beautiful and transporting – as you always are, dear Amy.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter with your family and that spring is smiling on you all with flowers and sunshine and warmth.

xo – g

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Touching!

The photo's and words come together perfectly.

HUGS Lorraine

poroshosk said...

Wow--licorice fern roots are STRONG. I love licorice, so I thought I'd try a root while out foraging last week.
I think cooking with the root and not chewing it like the natives did might be the better idea... Thanks for all of the good info here!

Lawn Care Sugar Land
Lawn Maintenance Sugar Land