Friday, February 24, 2012

YAY! I'm painting again!!!!


"Water is life's mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water."
~Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
After quite a dry spell, a busy world and some down moments with flu, I actually felt like pulling out some paints and brushes and I made one of my favorite subjects (you may recognize the subject in my banner, above) pink fish in a water lily pond. I made a new one, today, because the weather gave us so much beautiful snow that the light from the windows was sooo bright, it called to me. I know bright sunshine and white snow has an intoxicating way for me. It makes me feel so cocooned and inspired. I was glad to see my energy return and my watery little paintings are just the start of many more to keep my spirits up and filled with warm thoughts of dissolving into a perfect watery bliss. I hope you are all well and this post gives you a little light!

9 comments:

Purpletreebird said...

Thankyou Amy for your comment today, I hope you're feeling better too. I love your washy paintings, it must have been so uplifting to be showered with snowy sunlight! Have a lovely weekend.
Jess xx

Eileen said...

Lovely! How wonderfully uplifting. :)

Georgianna said...

Dear, sweet Amy, How happy I am that you are painting again! And a magical liquid scene reminiscent of Monet's luminous lake. This indeed brings inspiring light. Sending much love for a creative and joyful weekend! xo

Victoria said...

Yay..hooray...i am so thrilled for you kindred! Gorgeous and ethereal dreamy paintings..more more more!
Hugs Victoria

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DEAREST!!!!!

I am glad you are painting, I am glad I am creating. This is what we were meant to do isn't it?

LOVE! Anita

Zuzu said...

Yay for you, Amy! It is lovely!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Beautiful my dear Faery friend! You have the most lovely paintings that fill everyone with your light!
Thank you for brightening my day!
Joanna

Chrisy said...

Good on you girl...hope you're feeling well again and can enjoy painting...

Sheila said...

Amy, my friend...so happy that you are having a joyful time; so sorry to hear you've been under the weather. I know exactly where you are; I, too, had a very challenging start of the year due to illness. Feeling better now. You give me inspiration to continue creating. Beautiful work, as always...S