Thursday, February 16, 2012

"I am home when I see love tucked in all the corners of my heart." ~Amy Sperry Faldet



Tenderness... beauty... light reside in the heart and shine when you step in the house and say with the greatest lilt in your voice, " I am home."

First picture: Art by Colin Thompson
Second picture: Art by Elle Mackay
Third picture: Words by Audrey Hepburn
I am an only child. Even when I walk into my house and it is empty, I never feel lonely.
I understand my place in the world.
When, I say "home," it is a place in my heart. I speak to the solitude whispers with just as much love as when I speak to the rambunctious ramblings of my big family.
Home is sweet.
If I could tell a child one thing, it would be, "Love yourself," for that is the time when you are truly home.

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh this is so beautiful dearest! YOU TOO ARE AN ONLY CHILD? So am I. I am blessed to have been one because I believe it has lent to how I see the world. Peace to you and your beautiful mind. Anita

Holly Loves Art said...

Such a beautiful sentiment and one I agree with 100%. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Holly

Silke said...

Dearest friend! Coming to visit your blog is a little like coming home for me. I totally agree with you - the only place to ever truly be "home" is within ourselves... Much love to you!! Silke

stregata said...

Outside my window there is snow, bare trees, more snow, cold... coming here to visit is a ray of sunshine and a promise of spring, dear Amy. Thank you.

michael said...

so beautiful, sooooooooo beautiful work Its my pleasure that i am commenting on your site any how very nice sharing
Painting Company

Chrisy said...

oh yes yes love yourself and everybody else will benefit as well...it's taken me so many years to learn the strategies to help me do this...but I'm getting there...a book I'd highly recommend is 'Radical Acceptance' by Tara Brach...thank you dear for the connection...and that lovely art, particularly the first pic...

Georgianna said...

How beautiful and how true, dear Amy. As always, you go to the heart of the matter with truth and light. Wishing you a joyful Sunday! xo – g

Victoria said...

So very beautiful..your radiant heart is shining through your beautiful words!
Victoria

claude said...

I love very much the colin thompson 's illustrations
What good ideas !