Sunday, January 29, 2012

Alice asked, "I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields..."


...that it kisses them so gently?"Georgianna? I can't believe the treasures!!! Tape from Ladurre, tickets from the Paris metro with tea from Au nom de la Rose? Soap and your photography from your trip to Monet's garden? Ahh... a gift of spring in January? Lovely. So dear.
Rena, these are gorgeous!!! You know I can never have too many bits of paper! The lemon perfume from Italy and Japanese paper and oh goodness, I have so many treasures from you, what Can I say, besides, you are truly the best treasure in our friendship. Love to you.
Thank-you Georgianna of georgiannalane.blogspot.com and Rena Askey of renadoodler.blogspot.com, two gals I can't imagine not knowing now. I received on the same day, these gifts of friendship and thoughtfulness!!!! I think that The Darlings will never know the smiles that kept coming upon receiving and opening and cherishing such gifts.
Here is the rest of the lovely bit from my revisiting of the story, Through the Looking Glass, on this cold snowy Sunday. I truly adore a little Alice as the sunsets.
Hope you do too!
"Do you hear the snow against the window-panes, Kitty? How nice and soft it sounds! Just as if some one was kissing the window all over outside. I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then, it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer, Kitty, they dress themselves all in green, and dance about-- whenever the wind blows-- oh, that's ver pretty!' cried Alice, dropping the ball of worsted to clap her hands. 'And I do so wish it was true!' I'm sure the woods look sleepy in the autumn, when the leaves are getting brown."

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You are a magical soul. Every time I come here, I can only remember that summer day in Stillwater, MN, when I was thinking of you, just over the boarder.....magic indeed.

Anita

Julia said...

Your posts and thoughts are filled with serenity and inspiration. It is a joy reading them.

maternity clothes

Georgianna said...

Thank you so much, dear Amy! I am so pleased you are pleased! :) Sending love, – g