Thursday, December 8, 2011

"And above all watch with glittering eyes..."


I have such a head cold... walking around in my watery clothes... aqua makes me feel softer, so I sometimes where aqua pj's. The color of the words, above. I am such a nerd. I listen to music and swim away. I see a bridge of light and sweet times. I am dreaming a stuffy headed dream, but that's o.k. because I am a nerd. I am often seen as odd. It is just who I am. I don't fit in everywhere. When you make me comfortable, I ramble, sometimes. Hugs come easy. Nerd. Much isn't understood. I saw a quote once about being a nerd... a definition of sorts... It said nerds are those who get excited, passionate about things... that is me. Yes, that is me.
Look at this picture, below, it is amazing to see sunsets, sunrises, blueskies, and bittersweet growing in the yard. I am passionate. Geeky. I geek-out all the time.

Maybe being nerdy is just being comfortable, knowing many people make you uncomfortable, that you make people uncomfortable, because you don't fit in the slot they want you to. I am uncomfortable around some people. This is because I can tell they are not comfortable with themselves. They hide behind what they want you to think they are. I am (almost,) all out there. Nerdy. Completely me. You know if I trust you. It shows. I just can be quiet with you. I can gush about something that made me excited to you. I let you hug me. This is rare, if you are male... I don't know.
I know this, though, people like roald dahl, who wrote the quote, above and those who really feel, really see, really taste, hear, and smell, those who are awake, may be misunderstood, nerds, to some, but, I am comfortable with being alive. I know this. If I am not awake, passionate, I am a waste. I will choose to embrace it all. This is part of my faerytale...

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Amy, we were on the same wave length today as I finished my post earlier today, enjoying a day off to BE AWAKE and away from the stresses that are unfortunately part of the job!

WONDERFUL THOUGHTS DEAREST! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH, and I am sorry to hear that you have a bad cold. I have had a cough for about a month, but I think my being home today has really helped.

Purpletreebird said...

And I'm very pleased to meet someone just like me! :)
Jess xx

Zuzu said...

I guess I'm a nerd too. Beautiful quote. :)
Always uplifting to visit you, Amy. Feel better soon.
~ Zuzu