Friday, November 11, 2011

I am peeking around and I know joy!


It is how I choose to see things.
I always will.
Some try to shake you to the bottom.
Down where it is dark and not so clean.
I know joy is over the edge.
So I peek.
I tell a friend at work what made me happy today.
I know I seem silly, most of the time.
I know I smile alot.
It is how I choose to see things.
I love peeking over the edge and seeing I am alive.
I build the first fire in the fireplace with the kids.
I order a pizza.
I smile at my friend going to an 11/11/11 party and send her on her way with love!
I giggle at the Gilmore Girls for the millionth time with my daughter.
I see it all.
It is all so real and sweet and whole.
Others don't.
So, sometimes I show them the joys.
Sometimes they stay in the dark.
Sometimes they don't and smile at the wonder of it all, too.
It is up to them.
It is how I choose to see things!
It makes all my senses come alive to peek over the edge at all the light.
I am in love with this day.
Off to sit in front of the fire for the night with a book and my children.
I wish you joy and love and ebulliant moments where someone will just smile at your silliness and not burst the bubble.
I wish you all of this and more.
Remember you are the writer of your own faerytale. Fill it with adventure, light, challenges, sweets, and love, sooo much love.

11 comments:

Georgianna said...

So thankful as always that our paths have crossed, dear Amy. I love picturing you in your magical house snuggled up with the children, weaving dreams and delights for them. And lucky are all those who are shown joy and wonder by being fortunate enough to know you.

Happy weekend, dear!! xo –

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Most precious one...I see you. I hear you. I understand. And it is a beautiful ENIGMA to me that only in BLOGLAND do we find a plethora of kindreds that can hear and see what we experience. I TOO, share my joy at work over the same things and I am looked upon as being "...that ARTSY teacher" as if it were ABNORMAL. Perhaps. Perhaps it is abnormal, in this world that is baffled with an overload of unauthentic joy....peace and JOY to you!!! Anita

Silke said...

And this is why I love visiting you, dear friend! You are always pointing out the good, the positive, the joys, the love, which I something I also try to do... I am so grateful for you, dear Amy!! Much joy to you!! Hugs, Silke

Purpletreebird said...

Amy you are a treasure.♥ Your words are healing and loving and I thank you for this post. Have a lovely weekend with lots of joy and smiles.
Jess x x

Purpletreebird said...

Hi Amy, thankyou for your kind words and yes of course you can use my picture, I would be honoured!
Jess x x

mirsini's creations said...

Such a beautiful and positive post dear Amy!!!
Hugs...:o)

Victoria said...

So beautiful Amy! gorgeous art! I loved the GG too and still giggle along with them too!Beautiful touching post..your words are inspiring as always!
victoria

Chrisy said...

Thank you for your joy....it's contagious...

Zuzu said...

And this is why we come to visit you, Amy! Overflowing love and joy!
Big hugs,
Zuzu

Jamie Burch said...

Ooh...so lovely, Amy! Thank you for sharing your kind, beautiful words and artwork with us. It's always a magical place to visit.

Hope you're having a wonderful week! :)

april said...

Written beautifully, Amy. Happy new year...