Saturday, October 22, 2011

Join us, you are invited, to Vanessa Valencia's Annual Halloween Party at A Fanciful Twist!!!!


This Halloween party post for Vanessa Valencia's annual gathering in blogland is going in a very different direction than I originally envisioned. I have visions of those fearful to grow, fearful of their wings, trapped by perception, ignoring the spirit that is eternal, growing and the life of all imaginative thought. These visions are the scariest places in my mind right now. Out went the visions of pumpkins and treats, next year, I promise. This year is a growing year, a flying year, a patient year and I celebrate it with you, with dear V who helps us play and imagine and grows all things beautiful and good. Fear lurks and withers when she walks by and this is my party goal, this particular year. So, I swing on my pumpkin swing, and I shall not fear a "bloody" thing! Wishes of a joyous Halloween I send to you all!
"The only thing to fear is fear itself." It was once said... Let your imagination take you for a ride in a pumpkin carriage to find just the kindest things... out of you all things grow magnificent if you believe in your freedom and fly with the spirits.
The scariest place is when you look over your shoulder in doubt...
The world can be scary, embrace that. Make all that you feel into a message that survives for all. All survive when you imagine and create your own ending. Start typing Now! The clickety clack sends the doubts and fears back...
Be free on this night, imagination can flow through any bars that hold you. No one can capture your spirit on Halloween... hold that with you through out the year!


When I dream of Halloween it is full of improbable things, I am afraid of nothing, as though I had wings. A faerytale night, with excitement and some fright. No longer are the spirits locked away. All the souls come out to play. Thanks for this Halloween party Vanessa Valencia! Go visit the other frolicsome sorts at http://www.afancifultwist.typepad.com

28 comments:

rachelsmith133 said...

Such a wonderful, thoughtful post with a great message.

Also your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

http://phoenixra.blogspot.com/2011/10/wonderings-on-halloween-party.html

Plumrose Lane said...

What an enchanting place you have here, I always love visiting so much!
♥Sharon
www.PlumroseLane.com

apinkdreamer said...

wonderful post! happy halloween!!!

WrightStuff said...

Improbable things fuel our imaginations - just like your lovely post and blog!

Mad Madam Mel said...

wise words, and thoughtful ones thankyou :)

Cori G. said...

I have enjoyed visiting your beautiful realm. What gorgeous pictures you have here as well as a beautiful imagination!!!

Happy blog hopping!!!

xoxo cori

Zuzu said...

Yay! Amy is back! LOVELY post filled with inspiring art and words!
Happiest weekend to you & yours,
Zuzu

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures! Good message too!

http://castlesandcarriages.blogspot.com/2011/10/welcome-guests-from-fanciful-twist.html

Magaly Guerrero said...

I think we all should "frolic some" and "be improbably" that is what life is all about; finding out what else we are made of!

Happy Fanciful All Hallow's Eve!

KathrynAntyr said...

I love this magical season. Thank you for a wonderful post.

When you get back on your broomstick swing by my blog - I'm serving brain tonic and three witches brew. Mildred the spider will give you a ride to the river where you can pick up a boat that will take you on one magical adventure.

Have fun visiting all of the parties today.

http://collagediva.typepad.com/collagediva/2011/10/fairy-moment.html

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This was such a lovely, thoughtful post punctuated by your gorgeous ethereal art...thanks so very much. :)

Hope you'll come and visit with me:
http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-party-and-giveaway.html

Enjoy the festivities! :) Theresa

Miz Creatrix said...

I am so on board with your theme. I'm on a similar bent myself this season! We often let our own rootless fears hold us back from expressing and creating the life we are meant to have. I used to try to figure out why that is, but now I'm more interested in how to move *through* the fear/insecurity.

Your message is a very important one indeed.

Wishing you a fantastic, fearless Halloween season! Thank you for posting this and I'm so glad I discovered your blog.

XOXO

Halloween Folk Art by Melissa Valeriote said...

I want to ride on a pumpkin swing... how fun is that? Halloween is a magical time... let your imagination take flight. Happy Halloween : )

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

A lovely, thoughtful post. And your pics are lovely.

Have a Happy Halloween!

http://kellysalteredart.blogspot.com/2011/10/ghost-adventures-wannabes-halloween.html

Cameron said...

I love all your little sketches interspersed with words of encouragement and magical intent...thank you so much for having me :)

TheBlakkDuchess said...

What a lovely Halloween party you're throwing! =D

Your pictures & words fuel my imagination. ^-^

There is nothing better than writing our own stories, with the endings WE desire.

XOXO

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK IN FULL SWING WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL ART AND WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much love! Anita

spiceblogger said...

Beautiful post! Thank you :)

Everyone needs encouragement and positivity --thank you for spreading that thru your blog. Just as Vanessa does.
Your art is beautiful as well.

Please visit my party post if you get a chance. I will take you to Paris (circa 1789).
teeeeheeheeeheheeeeee
http://inthelandofspice.com/2011/10/22/halloween-party-bloghop/

Linda said...

I had a great time at your party and I must say that you did an awesome job. Please visit me:
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I loved this post-so inspiring and such beautiful drawings too. Thank you!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh Amy, sniffle, yes yes yes!! That was so beautiful! Feearless and free, that is the key!! Spread the word of believe, that is what you do!

Thank you for joining in, and sharing in goodness.

Love to yoU!!

♥ Vanessa {A Fanciful Twist}

Christy said...

So lovely! Happy halloween!

Lisa said...

Lovely and lovingly written. Well done! Hope you can stop by my enchanted oven for some party sweets.
Lisa

The Scrappy Tree said...

Beautiful Sketches!
Happy Halloween and Enjoy the Party!

LYNDY WARD said...

HAVE A SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN!

Enchanting Post & PICs...

Please fly by my party when you can...
Hauntingly Yours, Lyndy >^..^<

Princess Diana's Wedding Ring Giveaway & Haunted Halloween Party:
http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

P.S. This ring can be used as a Magickal Dowser...

martinealison said...

Une promenade intéressante dans votre univers et avec cette dernière publication, celle de votre fête Halloween...
Je m'autoriserai une prochaine balade.
De belles illustrations...
Un grand merci pour votre gentil commentaire laissé sur mon blog.
Gros bisous

Wendy said...

Thank you for letting me visit your Enchanted little piece of blogland and what a sweet spirited party post.
Please do stop by for a cup or two of Pumpkin TEA at my MAD HALLOWEEN PARTY. We would love to have you for a visit.
Spells and Wishes
Wendy from Wonderland
http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities

Lisa said...

beautiful party!!
thanks for having me!
Happy Halloween
lisa by the bay