Friday, September 2, 2011

I...

I feel.
I taste grilled fruit with a sugar rub when I close my eyes, sometimes.
I need to be outside every day.
I love.
I read everywhere I can.
I write poetry that I don't share.
I pursue nothing and yet, find so much to cherish.
I work at what I love.
I love ocean waves.
I see me traveling.
I see me not.
Still, it is there.
The wave pursues the place,
Still.
Hold still.
Whisper.
Kiss.
I am bound.
I am unbound.
I am open.
Poetic eye
have you opened
today?
Lay down
and wake.
Lids and Lips
are
meant to be wide-eyed
so
see
and sigh...
.. ... . .... .
I am barefoot.
I am in heels.
I believe in new.
I believe in old.
"The Pursuit"
I am not a pursuer.
Petals fall in my
path.
Winds blow to
me dreams of
coffee
and
Amsterdam.
I am not a runner-
after-er.
I walk next to
dreams,
all the time,
recognizing them,
when i can.
Poetry and art by Amy Sperry Faldet
Remember no one can leave one's story...
See it for all it is.

6 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This was absolutely beautiful! Thank you, Amy!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Just gorgeous my friend, JUST BEAUTIFUL. I am reading a lot of Mary Oliver and Nancy Willard, Ted Kooser, Neruda, Rami...oh it never ends...Anita

Tcep2000 said...

Dear Sir/Madam
We are the Tibetan Children Educational Project situated in Dharamsala India.
The purpose of our project is to keep Tibetan culture and language alive in a time when under the Communist regime it is in danger of dying out.
Every year hundreds of children make the 1 month journey over the Himalaya on foot to seek refuge in India to safety and also to be near to HH. The Dalai Lama our spiritual leader. Sadly, some don.t survive the journey, but for those who do we try to keep the Tibetan traditions going so that Tibetan Children can have the same chances as anyone else in life.
Really this message is just to let you know who we are and to ask if you would follow us. Thank you so much Tcep.

BALLET NEWS said...

lovely !

Fair Rosamund said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Amy! I hope you are doing wonderfully :) Hugs, Lauren

april said...

Beautiful poetry! I love the form and your beautiful thoughts.