Monday, August 8, 2011

Windmills and wishes, luck and light...


I float of late in the light...
Circles of wind send me spinning...

Clover and light, choices that might, make for a joyous breeze. Sweet rain on my cheek, giving answers, I seek, I join the breeze. A faerytale sight, the luck in the night, in can bring me to my knees... How odd it all seems, the real and the dreams, it puts me so at ease...
I feel the strangest things this summer. I feel all windy and blowy, messy and transitional. I have the trinity on my back, a tattoo, for balance and for the ability to move with the storms. I had it done when I was 33. I always knew I would have the trinity somewhere on me someday, for it is my windmill. They must be firmly placed with great foundations and reach to the clouds and light. They have always reminded me of everything I have wanted to be: Tall, sure, useful, beautiful, balanced, with great roots reaching and arms spinning and dancing with the wind. I have felt so blustery this summer, with storms and perceived ill luck. I know these are times to listen to and it is time to quiet the mind to receive messages and find how to flow and spin with positive results. I bent down in the rain tonight and found the largest four leaf clover I have ever found. (See previous posts on my long history and joy at finding these little marvels)
I let the rain land on my cheek and held the clover like a friend with its perfection right before me. "Storms make the deepest roots." I heard somewhere. What is it about the soul and the wind?

4 comments:

Jamie Burch said...

What a lovely gift! So sorry for all that you have struggled with this summer. Hopefully this clover is a sign of postive change and good things to come. Your clover picture caught my attention in my sidebar. Earlier this evening I came in from outdoors. I had been out in the yard in my barefeet. Funny thing is, a clover found its way inside and onto my couch. I was thinking how neat it would have been if it were a four leaf clover. So glad one found its way to you! And I'm so happy to have found my way back to your beautiful blog and this enchanting post. Take care...:)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

The soul stays with us. We are not just a body, but a soul with a body, so loosely paraphrased from C.S. Lewis. The wind? Energy. It keeps us moving, surviving, transporting pollen of life, essential.

You are beautiful dearest- Anita

Georgianna said...

Dearest Amy, I know the positive results will find you and lift you up, above uncertainties and with a great comfort. You are so very beautiful, useful and the wind is honored to dance along with you. sending love, – g

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Wow..what a beautiful post...and how Powerful and magnificent to have that symbolic tattoo..a very beautiful symbol..one that i LOVE!
Once again..magical writing...thankyou for sweeping me away with your gift and prose and inner most feelings!! HUgs and sparkles shining friend..shine on...shine bright and powerful !Thanks for always inspiring!
Victoria