Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Why will it not?"


"You love the roses- so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down the roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush...
...Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on."
"Roses" by George Eliot in The Book of a Thousand Poems
My daughter is teaching me how to draw Manga and this is my first attempt. She is very skilled at it and can show all the emotion possible with very few lines. Sometime I will post hers. She says this is not terribly true to the Manga look, but that I did well for a first effort and I made it more my style than hers, and again, that is o.k. She is the best for saying so. I am so glad to have my little pink and white petal of a daughter. She is sunshine and cream and we are grand friends til the end. I am seeing the last of my pink roses with petals falling and it made me think of this poem and all the different stages of the seasons where pink and white petals fall. I close my eyes and lay under them in my daydreams and the land on my hands and my chest and my toes and I melt into the love of the world waiting for me. This is where I lay my head, today. I am underneath the petals and cool rain of my dreams. Blessings to all of you and thanks for understanding that I can't visit at the moment like I would like to. I am thinking of you.
First attempt at big eyes and Manga by Amy Sperry Faldet.

6 comments:

Chrisy said...

oooh think i'll go crawl under some of those petals too....thank you....

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest....so nice to see that you are learning new ways to draw. There are so many things to learn, aren't there? I go back to school in 20 days...I have only 20 days to continue to savor the bliss...missing you! Anita

Faerie Moon Creations said...

WHat a sweetness to that face! And I love that poem so very much - am trying to track it down. Thank you for sharing it and your art. :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AND YOU Amy, spread the magic and hope for all, young, mature, anyone....thank YOU. Love to you, Anita

Róisín said...

Hello Amy! Can I first say how sorry I am for not having been over for a visit in so long; I've been stretching myself a bit thin recently and I've not had much time to catch up with my favourite blogs. Looking forward to doing just that now in a moment :) Secondly I want to say WOW! What beautiful eyes!

Zuzu said...

~ gorgeous eyes, Amy!

I have not been leaving comments because I keep getting error messages when I visit. Very strange. This is the one I received today:

"The server www.tarafrey.com at Protected requires a username and password."

Say what? I just closed it.

Anyway, lovely seeing what you've been up to, my friend!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu