Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recovering from a little minor surgery yesterday afternoon... nothing serious, just dreams of pickles and bikes...



I had my first under anesthesia experience yesterday, about 3:40 in the afternoon. My goodness, the man says, you will feel relaxed and the nurse rubbed my arm and that was the last I remember until I woke-up softly dreaming of excellent quartered pickles, you know the type you get with a great sandwich and bicycles. Lovely bicycles. I have to post this strange post. Thought I might not, realized, today, I must. I am bittersweet. It is really the first time I can truly say, I am bittersweet. I feel the colors of bittersweet, too; The Alphonse Mucha colors from above, from the vines, too. After four children, I have had the Adianna surgery. I have ended a cycle, of sorts. I received, yesterday, a Alponse Mucha postcard, like the ones above with cycle perfecta, from one of my best friends, Rena Askey. Another friend, Molly, brought food over and my Mom took me to the surgery and got me home, safe, and tucked-in. I know that I have all that I need. I am glad for the children, I have. I look forward to concentrating on them and not having more. I look forward to taking care of the students I will have in the future. It is a cycle I look forward to. I embrace the one that is ending. I feel fine, enough, today. Achy, a little in body and spirit. But, I embrace that, too. It is weird to wake-up after surgery thinking of joy, bicycles, pickles, and the people in your life. I felt very at peace. I still do. I am the circle of good things. I love what was, is, and what will be. I am glad to be a Mother. I am glad to be all the things that I am and are to be. What will I be? A lover, a dreamer, a thinker, a reader, a traveler, maybe, I hope. I am a cycler in my dreams. I see that.

10 comments:

Rena said...

positive healing thoughts coming your way my dear dear Amy. EVERY time I see this sort of art, it's YOU that comes to mind....that's a happy thing!!! Love you so much, and see you soon.

XXxrena

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Yes dearest, and you are a poet. You will write,as you did here, of all he cycles of your life. That is what we are meant to do, those of us who dream and desire....the final frontier is to immortalize it. You have the skills, you do it.

Thank you for visiting me, and I wish you all the healing in the world my sweet and beautiful friend...thank you for your kind comments. Funny, I was given some high compliments on some of my art; it is going back east to be looked at .....more later. Anita

Silke said...

Dear Amy,

I was just thinking of you this morning when there was a comment from you. I've been so absent from blogging this summer, so busy with my drawing class, that I have not been in touch. It sounds like this summer was tumultuous for you and I feel for you! Life can be so bittersweet at times.

I hope you recover well from your surgery and if you want to write, please do!!!

Sending much love and healing light!

Silke

P.S. I tried to e-mail you, but don't know which e-mail address works anymore...

Georgianna said...

Dearest Amy, how like you to take this event of mixed emotions and convey it with poetry and wisdom. You've been greatly in my thoughts the last few days and now I know why. How blessed you are to have your four precious ones and I'm sure this decision was not a light one. Sending you all positive and healing thoughts and love. - g

stregata said...

Wishing your speedy recovery and sending much love...

Jessie said...

Amy, I hope you're feeling better soon. I don't know what the Adianna surgery is but I send you much healing thoughts across the ocean. :)xx

mirsini's creations said...

Hi beautiful Amy!!! I also don't know what is the Adianna surgery but i wish you are feeling better!! Well, you feel better as you write and i'm happy about you!!
Your thoughts are beautiful and make me think beautiful too every time i read a post of you!!! I'm so appreciated!!!
You are one of the sweetest Fairies i've met here in blogland!!
Many many kisses and HUgs!!!!
;o)))))

Julie-ann Bowden said...

So glad to hear it was only a minor op and your ok.
Your post reminded me of the time I was in labour, the pain was strong and I saw little fairies dancing on top of a shopping trolly. It was so cool and kept me entertained for a moment.
I saw your blog from Jessie's.
Julie

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Sweet Amy! Gentle thoughts of love and healing have been stirred and swirled and are heading your way. And just for good measure, I've added a pinch of "serenity" too. Blessings and Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Here is wishing you a speedy recovery! I haven't been "under" since I was 5 years old. I do not remember much of it - except that I woke up immediately afterwards. Take care and be well.