Saturday, July 23, 2011

I see in the layers of the things I love, that which can bring tears...







Petals pink, computers, too, ravaged by thieves, stealing, leaving holes in the fabric of beauty and continuity. I hold onto onions, they are magic, they are miracles, purple and white in concentric bliss. I understand how it all plays out, for those who must take in order to feel that they have something. I do not take.
I am full and yet...
I always find room between the layers for new, for all. I draw what I see between the layers of purple crying onion, pure and good. I see a bicycle. I see all that joy within the layers and it tells of innocence and wheels, cycles and freedom. I draw these bicycles to reiterate that...
"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~ James E. Starrs
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." ~ H.G. Wells
Photography and drawing by Amy Sperry Faldet

6 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Blogger is not playing nice today...I have tried 3 times to comment on your post and it keeps kicking me off!

I LOVE the pictures of the onion!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest one....my husband especially, who is a professor of history and social studies often asks hard questions about WHY. He sees what the human race does that is not desirable, and is sometimes left speechless. Poets on the other hand, such as yourself, observe, compare/contrast, draw and draw conclusions that give us HOPE in understanding the outcomes....THANK YOU for being who YOU ARE....you speak to my heart and mind. Anita

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Such a beautiful post - so elegant and moving. Your words and images always leave me thinking. :)

SarahA said...

I think this maybe one of the most loveliest posts I have read.......EVER! I am happy, happy; you see the 'layers'

Terri Kahrs said...

Whenever I see an onion, I'll think of your beautiful words, Sweet Amy! Hugs, Terri xoxo

bicocacolors said...

me gusta mucho!!!
great post!
greetings from Spain,

elena