Thursday, June 16, 2011

What have I done?! Oh, heavens... Oh, light... What have I done?




I have fallen in love... with a book, My Faraway One,





a book of letters like none other.


Every page.


Every page... What can I do?


Each letter calls to me to beat in my heart until the soft rhythm lifts my eyes and I smile at the nothing and the everything of it all.




What have I done?! Georgia O'Keefe's letters to Alfred Stieglitz, his letters to her, are filling-up today until, as I stand tonight, barefoot, in the grass, trying to stop my heart from racing and sighing, it feels like maybe the dew tonight didn't exist until this love began. Maybe the tenderness of their budding love in these first 28 pages created all the buds on the trees. Maybe it comes from the same love, that Universal gift, tendrils so rare and yet, stronger than it all.


I want to read every page in one sitting and yet, I want to read one letter a day each day that I am alive over and over, as well. Just dipping into each sweet pause and word, speaking like I tend to, not awkward, just not always understood.


Oh me... what can a girl do? Right before I have to take intense graduate credits next week, right before all the things I must do, I have fallen for a book, an 800+ faerytale book full of the quirkiness that I, too, share, the way I sometimes see, think, love the day; they did, too.


I have fallen in love and just when I have so much to do, so many messes, full days, brimming. I am in a land of pressed flowers and correspon-dance. Brimming and sweet.


My Faraway One, book that I love, how can I stop turning pages of feeling? So real, so true. Your pages? I do not know. A faerytale such as this has rent my heart wide open and I unfurl.





11 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I NEED TO GO OUT AND GET THIS BOOK..I am now, after three grueling days of teacher conferences, am DONE and my summer vacation of devouring literature is HERE! I love the idea of standing barefoot in the cool grass. MUCH LOVE DEAREST HEART, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You will love it, friend. Congrats on being done! Enjoy dear gal! Blessings.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh thank you for your most kind comments. I am reading Ted Kooser's book, the Poetry Home Repair Manual. I am going to try my hand at a technique I just saw and loved..wish me luck!

And Mary Oliver is exploding my mind and heart lately....peace my dear, Anita

Abi said...

I need this book :O)

Georgianna said...

Oh, dear Amy, what a marvelous problem to have, though, isn't it? Save it, cherish it, fulfill your obligations and treat yourself at the end of the day with a few precious pages.

And meanwhile, I'll have to go find my own copy!

xo – g

Melanie Statnick said...

SO glad i found your blog! the work is beautiful!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Sounds amazing! I will have to check this book out. Thanks for the recommend!

BALLET NEWS said...

sounds completely amazing !!!

Zuzu said...

I think perhaps this book has arrived at the perfect moment, Amy!

While your world is whirling around you, take a moment just for you to enjoy the beauty & joy found in the pages of this wonderful book! :)

Hugs,
Zuzu

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, I'm such an instigator! Savor each work, make room for this special love. It came into your life for a reason - who's to argue with Fate?!?! Thank you, Sweet Amy, for your visit and sweet compliment. You've filled my heart with joy and gratitude for your friendship! Sweet hugs & blessings, Terri xoxox

Jilly said...

Sounds are amazing. I will have to check this book as soon as possible, I like to appreciate for the recommendation.
sport bets