Friday, June 10, 2011

"The soul is always beautiful... I swear they are all beautiful..." ~Walt Whitman





"Everyone that sleeps is beautiful... everything in the dim night is beautiful... the sleepers are very beautiful as they lie unclothed, they flow hand in hand over the whole earth from east to west as they lie... a show of the summer softness... a contact of something unseen... an amour of the light and air... O love and summer! you are the dreams and in me..." ~parts from Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman





I sleep at The Clearing Art School in the winter, but, I long to sleep in The Clearing's Cliff House some summer day, jutting over the bay, suspended over it all, precarious and solid all at once, hearing the soft whisper roar of the waves. It will happen. The waves tell me already. It will happen.


The Clearing is a school for living with nature, art, writing, hiking, and really anything that gets you closer to you. I am in love with the vision and a memory of a Danish man named Jens Jensen who created this limestone faery village in the woods of Door County for he has brought such beauty and never scarred or harmed. If you would like to learn more about The Clearing you can read my article written for Crescendoh.com for Jenny Doh's campaign, ART SAVES. Just go to my sidebar and click to read the article I wrote for her website. It gives the history and how I feel about this magical, woodland, place.


8 comments:

Zuzu said...

Oh, it all sounds so wonderful Amy! A place to breathe in gentle beauty and create magic! I'm off to read your article...
Happy day to you, dear friend!
~ Zuzu

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, it WILL happen! I KNOW it will! And you will become one with the summer's breeze and the lovely sound of waves kissing the shore. Happy weekend, Sweet Friend! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Incipient Wings said...

very peaceful..thank you:)

stregata said...

It really looks to be a faery place. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, lovely spirit.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear one...what LOVELY THOUGHTS as I now enter into my summer break. I will always remember YOU during the summer months...you evoke a sense of freedom for me. Now to see if my comment takes..Anita

LuLu Kellogg said...

How wonderful would it be to spend time at this magical place!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a beautiful beautiful place! Sounds magical. :)

april said...

Oh yes, The Clearing is a "wondrous place" too. I have been there for a writing workshop and every time we visit Door County, I have to make a stop there. Two of my friends are there this week.