Friday, June 3, 2011

Singing with Scarlett and wishing the house was "Clean!"





Listening to one of my favorite songs, "Clean," by singer, Scarlett Johannson. Long ago, I saw her act and couldn't believe how much she looked like my character, Blythe Plum, that I draw sometimes. She can sound almost punk on "Yesterday is Here" and so melancholy on "Falling Down." So, instead of folding the hundreds of piles of laundry before I go for coffee with my dear, dear, friend, artist, Rena Askey, I am listening to Scarlett with little one laying on the floor playing the DS. I think I will ask him if I can play it loud enough so I can hear it in the shower while I get "Clean!" (hee hee) I don't do that much, but, when I do, he just rolls his eyes and laughs at his Mama. "Course, Mama!" Which is four-year old speak for "Of course, you lovely, silly, Mama, who twirls and sings badly. But, because you are happy and always play with me and giggle often, I forgive your loud shower song." He is the best! So enjoy go to youtube and plug in "Clean' by Scarlett Johannson and have a sunny, clean, day!

4 comments:

Zuzu said...

Yay for you, Amy!

When my family was young, I used to get up early on Saturday mornings to clean while they slept in. After I was done, I'd make some coffee and sit and listen to music and enjoy how clean and peaceful it was.

Then I'd make pancakes for all the sleepy heads and mess up the kitchen again. :)

Enjoy your day!!!
Zuzu

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YES!! I will be cleaning tomorrow as SATURDAYS are consacrated to tidying up my home! I love Scarlett J. but I had no idea she SANG!!! I love her in THE GIRL WITH THE PEARL EARRING!!!!

Have a fabulous weekend my dear, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING faery friend....thank YOU for visiting my Provence dream. Oh how you would love the magic there!!! Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

WEll . . .I had NO idea that Scarlett sang either! I think I'm in for a treat this afternoon, based on your recommendation. And thank you for painting the lovely picture of your little darling thinking of his Mama so sweetly. Once again, Dear Heart, you touched my spirit! Hugs & Blessings! Terri xoxox