Sunday, June 12, 2011

I can't weed it out any further... this is my desk and it shall remain a mess...




A black lacquered jewelry box, above, sent from my husband while he lived in Korea, art from my dear friend, Monica Zuniga from Mexico, a gingko wool piece made for me by my Mom, green Depression glass that was Great Grandma's...

The Table of Contents for my stories... and one of my published paintings...





My art, my first doll I ever made...


Treasures that inspire me like seed pods that dance like dresses, Kelly Rae Roberts' BE BRAVE faery, an old book and post cards from Italy from my friend, Rena in a tin from my friend, Dan di Paolo's Barn party... My absolute sacred book, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman anniversary edition and the baby clothes my children came home in from the hospital...


Gifts from so many artist friends, Vanessa Valencia, Anita Rivera, Georgianna Lane, Joanna Rowan Mullane, Molly, Shelley, Rena, endless, endless, gifts, just because artists give all the time... just because... A drawing of mine glued to a box filled with my paints, a quote I love, a black quill from Jean Guidone Wyse and a book I made to sketch in while subbing one day during prep time...
















One of my four leaf clovers and some treasures...

The Flaherty's garden plan...








My 12 year old daughter's sketches, she rocks, obviously...













Weeding out the Flaherty's gardens yesterday, I had birdsong and thought, only in my head and prehistoric size thistles, but that is neither here nor there. I realized I thought I needed to weed my art desk. It is something weird to think about clearing out precious things. I pull another weed and in between Blink 182's I Miss You, Down, I'm Lost Without You, Don't Leave Me and All the Small Things on my MP3 player, I see.




I see all of the above.

8 comments:

~Esther said...

I must confess, that is a beautiful mess.LOL
I wish my creative place were that lovely....

stregata said...

I must be seeing something else - no mess in sight. Just memories and inspiration...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It is so charming and wonderful to see where you create my friend. Do you want to see a REAL HORROR SHOW? See my work area!!!! LOVE IT...Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

I don't see a "mess" at all, Amy, I see "inspiration"!!! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks, all! I am at this stage of life, NOT a neat freak. I see someday, having shining surfaces and organization on some level, in cars, etc. but, yes, these are inspirations on my desk. I treasure them. Smiles clean-up anyday. Thanks, again.

KateW said...

I have two fairy-tale related sites -- but your gorgeous site is distraction me :)1

Róisín said...

I loved this post! It's such a wonderful little glimpse into your beautiful world :) Don't ever tidy that desk, by the way. It's perfect just how it is!

Anyway, how are you my friend? I've become a terrible blogger recently, just can't seem to get the time to keep up to date with everyone. It does mean that I have lots of Amy loveliness to catch up with though, which is no bad thing :) I've my tea ready and now I'm off for a wee nosy!

Hope you and your family are well,

Roisin x

Jorgelina said...

I am organizing a virtual party my blog, I invite you to participate if you like it.
The theme of the party are the fairies.
On 24 June, "World Day of the fairies".
You can wear a button to your blog.
In my blog I have a translator.
Hugs