Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"The world is as many times new as there are children in our lives." ~ Robert Brault



I know the sound of laughter. Adults laughing with kindness, yes, it is grand, yet, the sound of kids jubilant and at ease, all the while creating, now that is what I must hold in my hand. It twinkles and distracts, pulls our attention and plucks our heart strings, we sometimes even need our "hand blinders" to not be distracted by their sparkle. But, the joy, ah, the joy of kids' creative laughter, that is a sunny day.

Today's work with the high school students of Evansville's GSA and their advisor, Mr. Kuhn, was an ideal experience. I am honored to have been witness and participant today!

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, precious! I hear that divine laughter daily in my classroom and the only sadness is the OTHER teachers who regard that hum of joy as NOISE. Yes, there is a time for silence, but they are only young once and to enter in laughing is better than to exit out crying or bitter. May we be the first ones to start the laughter and teach that no matter how old we are, we can still be a child at the heart of joy. Peace, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Here, here, dear teacher-friend! Blessings.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And a lovely day to you dear prof of English! Oh how I desire to be a writer, and you teach the skill daily!!! Anita

Zuzu said...

How fun!!! I'm sure they enjoyed every thing you shared, Amy!!! :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Hi Amy..sounds like a wonderful day and a super inspiring time..gorgeous photo and words..thanks for sparking your wand and spreading your magical wings and enveloping us all with your joyful spirit!!
PS: LOVE that photo..wow-factor!!
HUgs
Kiki

deb famularo said...

I can only pray that I have such positive & uplifting teachers like you (and Anita!) for my children! That is my wish! xOxO

Terri Kahrs said...

Nothing make me happier than hearing a child laugh - Ohhhhhh! The Pure Joy of that special sound! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo