Saturday, May 7, 2011

Where will I find joy? It will be at my feet laced with elven paintings on green leaves...





"All that is gold does not glitter, not all of those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither,





Deep roots are not reached by the frost







From the ashes a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadows shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king." ~Tolkein I could have easily cursed the frost that came to my flowers last week. So many emotions. I couldn't help it, though, I reminded myself of the beauty, the miracle that I was seeing. I closed my eyes and I reveled in the sun from the morning east I could feel through and through and repeated the words of J.R.R. Tolkein (a bit inaccurately, I might add, once I double checked the quote, ~smiling right now, but the sentiment was there) I remembered that things in this life might seem like they are trying to cut you to the quick and freeze your life force, people can be so cruel and confused. Yet, here is a beauty unmatched if we can see how we can Be Joy. I received this handmade pin for my birthday recently from my friend, Shelley. It says be joy. I love that. Yes, I can give joy. Yes, I can spread joy. Yes, I can seek joy. I even lose joy in the face of a burning ice king. But to be joy, well, it covers all of that, because a light comes on from deep within that thaws the damaging frost until, really, all you have left of the hurt is the miracle of those painted crystals on your leaves. Your heart melts at the possibility of a new sunrise even when you can still feel the shaking in your hands of the mean, dark, night clawing at your extremities. What is a fairytale to me? It is walking in nature when all seems unnatural. It is glowing with light when all seems lost and oh, so, dark. A fairytale is carrying with joy and success your babies through the rocky world even without hands as in the Brother's Grimm story, "The Girl With No Hands" and always choosing integrity when faced with false spells and the wicked. This is my life and I choose to be joy.



Thanks to Shelley Wittman Bisch for the gorgeous pin. Love ya friend!

11 comments:

Denise said...

I enjoyed reading this post.Visiting you does bring me Joy.Have a great weekend-Denise

kat said...

Thank you for the upliftment in this post. Thank you for being the Joy, that you are, and that we wish to see in the world. I love your words and the pin from your friend is very beautiful.
Love & Light, Kat x

stregata said...

Wishing you no more frost in this spring... so that your flowers will be all joy.
And wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning beautiful writer....kindness never dies in the frost of cruelness when it is US that GIVES AWAY THE KINDNESS...may your week be filled with new beginnings and what a lovely pin..Anita

Zuzu said...

Mother Nature (and even Jack Frost) create lovely art!
Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day, Amy!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

deb famularo said...

I love coming to your blog. This beautiful pin is so fitting for you! You always keep me on the right path through your words.
I definitely believe joy is a choice.....it took awhile for me to 'get it,' but I finally 'got there!' No turning back now!

Love to you this Mother's Day! xOxO

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I am glad you have chosen joy! The pin is absolutely lovely. You also chose one of my favorite Tolkien quotes. :) Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. Theresa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Precious Faery,

Tears are a healing elixir, aren't they? Wings of hope grow out of us each time we weep....I know.

May everyday be a celebration of the people in our lives that gave us LIFE!

Blessings, Anita

duendes said...

Hello artist,
always fascinates me the preciousness of his work.
big hugs

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Beautiful and magical..and so poetic..i love the photos Amy..gorgeous gorgeous!! Shine on my friend for always creating a magical realm for me to perch and be still.. and then fly away with renewed freedom!
HUgs special soul!
Victoria~

BALLET NEWS said...

I love coming here and sampling a little of the magic that you weave into your blog. Thank you!