Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"A well-spent day brings happy sleep." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci





"All our knowledge has its origins in its perceptions." ~ Da Vinci





So perceive great goodness, I say, perceive great good. ~ Amy



I woke feeling joy tickling my toes. Hope you all feel that soon!


"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." ~ Da Vinci
I feel little and shrinking somedays, too, but I just go to the place where my skies are blue and when I forget, I look in their eyes and in mine, too, and I am there. I am alive and it is good.

Drawing of Leonardo by Amy Sperry Faldet

5 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Such magnificent words my dear faerie...sending you a smile in the middle of great stress on my end. But I do not lose hope, for all stresses can lead us to peace when we seek. Your words and art never disappoint. Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thinking of you. blessings.

Silke said...

I love my DaVinci!! :) He inspires me in my studio every day!! Dear Amy, please share your recipe for the anti-mosquito oil. I get accosted by them all summer long... Much love, Silke

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi Silke! I am so glad you have him! My faery queen is the painting I look at everyday in my living room. You are a gift! Take your rosemary branches and take off the needles. Let them dry over night. Then, in a clean ball jar add either olive or almond oil or oil of choice and cover with a fabric like muslin. Set in the sun for a month, (perfect time to start right now.) Set in the window or a sunny spot. I give it a shake every other day or so. Then, when done, dab on pulse points and bye bye mosquitoes! Hope that helps! You can put it in homemade soap, too, of course, or add it to deodorant. Love you you, friend!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Positively inspiring! Thank you! :) Theresa