Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sing a little song... "J'aime la galette..."



savez-vous comment? Quand elle est bien fait, avec du buerre dedans."



Can you just picture a darling little girl singing, sitting under a tree next to a field of lavender in Provence? I made this with crescent rolls, portobello mushrooms (whole and sizzled in a pan before wrapping in crescents) and then baked with red onions and feta sprinkled on after taking it out. I brought them as a snack and a friend mentioned they resembled galettes! So, I looked-up the definition and voila, it does resemble those delightful morsels and I found this song about them, which is so very sweet!

I am going to make some more with rhubarb and brown sugar from my garden! YuM!!!!

6 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That looks absolutely delicious. :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YUMMMMMM!!!! The taste of lavender takes me to my beloved PROVENCE and these little wonders are the magic of the countryside my dearest! SEE YOU IN PARIS ON SATURDAY! Looking forward to your post! Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Anita, can't wait!!!! blessings.

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Beautiful...gorgeous..i love making galettes too..they are such royal creations! fabulous Amy..and oh so yummy!

Sheila said...

A beautiful work of art! To pretty to eat (although I know I would...and quickly). How are you, my friend? I hope your Spring is wonderful; I've been oh so busy. But all is good. May you be blessed with sunny days and colorful evenings, filled with yummy galettes :-)

Róisín said...

Amy! *shakes fist* I was already a bit peckish before I came on here for a catch up (which I'm really enjoying, by the way) but now I'm going to have to take a wee trip to the kitchen! This just looks too yummy.