Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rosemary Oil Recipe for Silke to Keep Away Those Mosquitoes!





Take your sprigs of rosemary and remove the needles. Dry the needles overnight. Place them in a ball jar with oil, like olive or almond. Cover jar with muslin and put in a sunny window for a month. (just in time for summer if you do it this week!) Shake it gently without getting the material cover wet (every other day) and there you have a fool proof mosquito repellent. I add patchoulli essential oil, also, and never get a bite while other poor dears are swatting away, spraying toxic, expensive, spray that doesn't work as well. Try it on your pulse points, temples, wrists, neck, behind ears, knees, ankles, etc. Hope it helps! Remember if you want to go get essential oils at your natural food store, you could be mosquito-free, today! Blessings, all.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT!! I am going to make this this week! I just bought rosemary at the garden store! PERFECT! I am going to post this on my blog and link back to you! oxxo

stregata said...

Sounds fantastic, Amy. I will definitely try this. Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! We have not had as many mosquitos as in years past, but when we do get them, they COME IN FULL FORCE UPON ME!!!! Plus, I would smell good!

BLESSINGS TO YOU DEAREST, Anita

Jacqui said...

Wonderful recipe and it works!!! Beware though, patchouli is an aphrodisiac!!

Hugs

Jacqui

Silke said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will start making it this weekend! As you said just in time when it gets really humid. We have 28 (or so) kinds of mosquitoes here in Georgia and I think they all live in our backyard... I am so grateful!! Love, Silke

P.S. I'll share the link on my blog tomorrow...

Jessie said...

A lovely remedy Amy and very pleasing to use too I expect!xx

Doris Sturm said...

Thank you very much - I will give it a try providing I can get my hands on some fresh Rosemary ;-)

I found you on Silke's blog. Again, thank you and have a great weekend!

Doris Sturm said...

Thank you very much - I will give it a try providing I can get my hands on some fresh Rosemary ;-)

I found you on Silke's blog. Again, thank you and have a great weekend!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I found this link on Silke's blog! How kind of you to provide such a simple but effective "recipe." Enjoy your weekend! Theresa