Monday, May 30, 2011

I take a sip of morning...





to sit in a place where light and good reside. I am my thoughts, yet, why? Are those I meet my thoughts and also, therefore, me?





Thoughts seem to crystallize, like when people meet, time melts them into each other and a sip of morning is all I need to realize something... there are people, when you are around them, "time petals" flow easier, nudge each other gently, seem to caress. Then, there are those that halt it all. I like the softer side of thoughts and I live there, though some around me know not the place. How is it possible that we all have such different thoughts? How do thoughts work? I take another sip of morning to wonder...







Do they float to each other and collide softly, like fingertips not intending to connect, but lingering because the brush of them makes sense? Do they tingle when it all makes sense?










Do they come back, after riding a wave cloud in the mind, different, but ready to recognize each other, again? Why is it so easy for some to connect, feel at ease, create something kind, when they float together? Thoughts are time petals for me. They have their own curls, vibrance, color and they ride on waves of individuality and creation and connectivity all at once. I marvel at them. I marvel at thoughts and sip some morning and marvel at people, as well.


Recipes for Sugared Rose Petals and Bourbon Pralines




Forgive the vagueries but I made these things "off the cuff" because I wanted something sensual and something crystalline...


Take organic rose petals and dip them in a simple sugar solution (just melt down sugar and water in a pan slowly) and lay them on a nonstick pan and sprinkle with course sugar.


Put them in the oven for seven hours at 150 degrees or until the texture is heavenly.


Then, take brown sugar, bourbon, a touch of molasses and melt in a separate pan on the stovetop. Add pecans to this. Cook a little longer and pour onto french vanilla ice cream or even better vanilla gelatto! Sprinkle your rose petals on the top and sit outside on a blanket under a blue sky with your coffee and twinkle a bit.







7 comments:

Terri said...

Beautiful....thoughts are fascinating....I like the thoughts that feel good...on such a beautiful morning as this, it is easy to enjoy the thoughts of blessings and love.
Hugs,
Terri

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

How wonderful that like thoughts, petals can be crystallized and put to good use in ways we would never expect....as thoughts. What a gift you have dearest! Anita

deb famularo said...

You are so talented!! These are beautiful Amy, and so is your writing!!!! Always magical here!!! xOxO

stregata said...

Hmmmm, rose petals and faerie dust... thank you for making my morning magical!

Terri Kahrs said...

So lovely!!! What a wonderful illustration of a "thought" - whispering through our minds - so ethereal! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Georgianna said...

There it is again – that delicious shiver of wonder running up my spine when I read one of your magic-infused posts, dear Amy. Mmmmmm. Thank you, dear friend. xo – g

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Gorgeous imagery.. words beautiful...a fabulous post!