Saturday, May 14, 2011

"I love my Mother as the trees love water and sunshine- she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights."~Terri Guillemets



My Mom is the rock that I, being a water girl, revisit and swirl around, for she is a brilliant, crystalline, woman. I know this should have been last week's post, but she was on a trip and I was missing her (blessings to all of you who have lost their Mom, for that hurt would never leave me.) I could not let myself miss her more by posting last week. Does that sound very odd? She is back from her quilting art retreat, today, and we are going to Mom and Dad's tomorrow and I am awash with joy and calm. I truly love this intelligent, left and right-brained marvel, who is Wendy to my Dad's Peter Pan. She is able to conjure magic and glee in my children's hearts. She managed the whole town's Water and Electric's finances before retiring, is so very artistic and gave me my love of reading many books per week. We both can spend hours and hours together, just being. We have a kindness that others have noticed we share and I tell them that "She is the starlight that leads my compassion and the road, whenever I feel lost. Any kindness you see in me is my Mom and it resides in our rosy, Welsh cheeks. She is in my blood, sweetening every decision. She is calm and reserved, but, loves all of us with an abandon. It is like she is a marathon biker, though, with this love. She is steady and enthusiastic. That love never burns fast and fades. That love for us is with her every moment, with such a gentle, constant rhythm. It is something that I never take for granted, a moment with her. My children long to share hours gardening, talking, cooking, and reading with her and she has gifted our lives more than words could ever tell. I love you, beautiful woman. I love you, Mom.

10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh precious friend, how lucky you are to have your mum with you as you are a woman....my mum left me when I was still too young to appreciate her. I was 29, already married and such, but the past 23 years without her have seen many ups and downs that only a mother could help you through. The loss is so painful and never leaves, it only subsides a bit. Celebrate this fabulous woman and imitate her very ways....Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh sweet Amy! YOU WILL JOIN US AT THE LINK UP PARTY? Splendid! Anything is open; you can share poetry, images, crafts, ANYTHING that speaks of your love for Paris. Merci mon amie! I will put you on my list MAINTENANT! Bises, Anita

april said...

What a beautiful post, Amy. I miss my mother every day since she's gone. Don't take one day for granted...and I can see you don't. My mom will be gone thirteen years this year and oh, how I wish I could feel her hands and hear her voice again. I have her picture sitting by me on my desk always. Yes... just love her.

LuLu Kellogg said...

What a lovely post dear Amy!

LuLu~*xoxo

Terri Kahrs said...

How very blessed you are to have your Mother's shining light surround you! You radiate her, My Dear Friend! What a beautiful, heartfelt post! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Zuzu said...

Ahhh, such a sweet post! Your Mom sounds truly amazing! :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

Celia said...

What a beautiful post....I lost my Mom when I was just 7 years old....and what a hole it has left in my heart. I lost my Dad 2 years ago....the hurting never goes away....I miss them both very much. It is wonderful that you appreciate every minute you spend with your parents. What I would do to hear my Daddy's voice and hear him say I love you one more time....and what I wouldn't give to have special memories and time with my Mom.

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Amy...hugs and bright sparkles to you and this wonderful tribute to yoru precious mom..she sounds FAB and very magical..beautiful words of prose all strung throughout...and very meaningful and deeply beautiful! Shine on..and here's to your beautiful mom..and you!
HUgs
Victoria

Terri said...

You bring tears to my eyes with your whole hearted love and appreciation of your mother! I am so glad that you have her in your life, that you had such a wonderful experience growing up with her, and that your children enjoy her love as well.
How precious!
Hugs,
Terri

Sheila said...

Oh Amy...absolutely beautiful...I cannot believe I opened your blog tonight and this was the post. You see, I've been in Georgia visiting my Mom. I only get to see her about once every year. This time was exceptionally difficult for me; I didn't want to leave her. I cried almost the entire trip home, and now call her each and every day since my return. Sorry to go on, but this post was PERFECT! Mothers are the best. Thank you for sharing these incredible, beautiful words and feelings. Sheila