Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I have spread my dreams beneath your feet..."







"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." ~W.B. Yeats





"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure, nor this thing, nor that, but simply growth. We are happiest when we are growing." ~Yeats





When I think of this time of the year I think of daffodils and Yeats. I simply feel green and good covering any of the bits of brown winter laid down in my heart. I row out to Innisfree, trailing my fingers in the icy waters, washing away, so much. I feel more alive this Spring than I have in ever so long. I love watching how beautiful people can be and how much I grow knowing them. The young, and troubled, the old, the vulnerable, the strong-strided, the sleepless, all show me so much. There is a lovely way about Spring.





"I have believed the best of every man, and find to believe is enough to make a bad man show him at his best, or even a good man swings his lantern higher." ~Yeats
I look forward to my pink hollyhock from the photo above, but, right now, I think I will embrace my love of daffodils and tulips, such happy sights are they. Ahh... I will dream of places with fields of them, all the marvelous places of Ireland and Holland and that immortal breath of Spring rejoicing. Happy Spring and may love grow and dance on your finger tips so all those you touch feel a dusting of that love. Daffodil dustings, that is what dreams are made of.




12 comments:

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

Such a sweet post...and I love coming across great quotes!
Thanks for sharing!

hollyhocks...pretty pretty!


Ciao Bela!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Georgianna said...

Daffodil dustings. Oh, dear Amy, what a magical phrase. I have three vases of them from the garden on my desk right this moment. I'm savoring every bit of them and happy to say our late spring means more are still pushing through the ground.

So much beauty in this post and your very sweet and generous soul shining in every word. Happy Spring, dear friend!! xo

stregata said...

May your days be golden with the daffodil dustings...
We are already seeing the first wild roses bloom with their own sweet magic. Even a couple of early wild poppies along the fields...
This time of year is just full of special magic.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh yes, growth is the happiest place to be...even when my students realize that they have LEARNED SOMETHING, they are the happiest; no technological device or toy can give them better joy. We humans need to know we are progressing and making a DIFFERENCE!! ENJOY DEAR ONE, Anita

Zuzu said...

Another beautiful post, Amy! Happy Spring to you... it is gently unfolding here - back and forth between snowstorms. :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

Melissa said...

Gorgeous....magical....divine. Just like you! xo

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Gorgeous Amy..thankyou for waving your wand again and casting such beauty and light...i love your art..what a beautiful soul she is I am curious about her!..and that magnificent photo of the holly hock and poetic walking...perfection!
Shine on!
Victoria

Terri Kahrs said...

Such a lovely post and tribute to this beautiful time of the year! Happy, happy weekend, My Dear Friend! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxox

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a beautiful alter ego you have...Blythe is wonderful. Flowers and Yeats together are just perfect. :) Theresa

duendes said...

Hello friend,
I wish you a very nice weekend.
hugs.

Abi said...

Love the words of wisdom.
Happiest when we are growing... yes, I believe that to be true :O)

Happy Sunday to you :O)

Róisín said...

Ah Amy, we are kindred spirits indeed :) Yeats is far and away my most favourite writer EVER. Have you ever read 'The Celtic Twilight'? Tis my most favourite thing ever written in the whole wide world. Do you know he wasn't from too far away from me? I used drive past his grave at Drumcliffe and then on through Inishfree twice a week when I was at college. Needless to say, it was always my favourite part of the journey :) Anyway, thanks for posting and I hope you are well my friend,

Roisin x