Saturday, April 30, 2011

Each day I have been away, what would I say?



What would I tell you each day that whirred by this month? What would I say each day? I would say, "Ahhh... enjoy the dew at sunrise and get ink on your hands. Take time to kiss someone and bite into a peach. 'I love today' should be on your tongue dissolving like a sugarcube until you close your blue eyes because you believe it." Each day I didn't get to visit you or tell you something new, what would I have said? I would have said that today is possibility. Today is possibility... my new old typewriter would love to meet you, her name is Miss Underwood and she lives with me now. She and I have been writing for decades to each other in our imaginations and we decided that we might as well write together, forever, so she has blessed our home with her clickety clackety songs and the patience she requires. Miss Underwood slows down the world a bit so I can jump on or jump off, the perfect playmate, really.



Today is possibility... with Once Upon a Time on my lips wet with raindrops and joys from my birthday.













Today is possibility... filled with cake icing and smiles, gifts from friends, food with family.









Today is possibility... for the Earth as my daughter and I make jewelry from the inside of our broken cd player.











Today is possibility... sitting under the snow drops and flowers drinking sunshine.





Today is possibility... a message and a bottle from my friend to me.






Today is possibility... getting a haircut for the first time in a couple years not done by yours truly.

What would I say to you each day I missed you? I would say coffee still makes me sigh and windmills bring winds of change. I would say so much. I would say I like to wear big white shirts with a black tie for extra comfort. I would say that Secondhand Serenade ballads and the song, "Your revolution is a joke." by Funeral for a Friend and Yellowcard's "Light Up the Sky" fill my ears when I am gardening. I would say I can't eat animals for I picture them with thoughts of their own. I would say so much. Today is possibility. When you don't hear me, know I am saying things the best I can. The words float out from my heart on kite strings and then I run and snip them getting wet feet in the process so they can all come to you with love and breath. I would say these things.

Light and love, Amy



















12 comments:

SarahA said...

I love this post, because I would (if I could); probably say exactly the same.

Silke said...

Your words are magic, dear Amy!! And I love the old typewriter - it reminds me of my mother's, which taught me to type many years ago... Wishing you love and light and dewdrops and happiness!! Silke

EDEN said...

Amy, Amy, Amy...i too am blessed for your presence in my life...ps that was stale...not stall ooops...and Amy, Amy...our journal it is traveling...its so exciting...love to you...xoxo Eden

LuLu Kellogg said...

I just adore the old typewriter.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new haircut! Just beautiful!

Happy Day Dear One!
LuLu~*xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

BEAUTIFUL AMY,

I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR THE LOVELY MESSAGE YOU SENT ME from Miss Underwood. You know well that school life sucks us up and the last several weeks are a blurr due to so much work and then coming home to just flop. I want to wish you joy and happiness, although I know you have it, in your new year of celebrating a birthday. You were part of my intention to really band the SISTAHOOD of April birthdays, and that will always be special to me. However, I was not able, in a timely manner, send out any cards to you all..but thank you for being there. Enjoy this magical weekend, Anita

deb famularo said...

Hi Amy....

lets see....I would say to let those who have a positive impact on you know it- and that would of course be you!!

What a beautiful post.Love the jewelry you made! And your hair- lovely!!! Such pretty gifts you received. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! Enjoy your weekend...xOxO

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a lovely and inspirational post! It made me smile. So happy you had an wonderful birthday. Thank you for being you! Theresa

Georgianna said...

Oh, Amy, we missed you, too and are so happy to hear from you and Miss Underwood. Magical words a joy to receive. I love your haircut and your fairy-angel-gossamer hair! xoxo

Abi said...

Adorable little bunny :O)
Beautiful images as always... I particularly love the faeries spoon - just lovely.

I agree with SarahA.

Happy Sunday to you dear Amy X

Terri said...

*Sigh*
Your heart speaks true.
Hugs of love, light, healing and magic be upon you!

Terri

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Such a super beautiful post Amy..thankyou for sharing your magical heart...hugs..enchanting photos and beautiful words..
Happy May..wishing you many Faery Sparkles wherever you may go...
Victoria~

Sheila said...

First of all...your new haircut is stunning...so lovely! And yes; I love "What would I say"...I think of that often. You are a true blessing; hugs to you and I'm so glad you had a great birthday celebration of "YOU"...Sheila