Sunday, April 3, 2011

Celebrating Spring, Art, Birthdays and most importantly, the bond of friendship!


Oooh, how can I begin to express the joy of spending an artsy day with my dearest, most creative friends to celebrate my birthday? We got together to see the bliss and light that is possible when friends, kindred to the end, celebrate life, learning, art, and friendship! Molly and I have Spring birthdays, so on top of the lovely company, the gorgeous lunch, the perfect, historic, quaint, town, there were presents, too!
Shelley Wittman-Bisch, the dear friend, who has let me teach her art program, in the past and is my kindred friend in all things sweet, light, and faery is seen here with the pins she made!
Shelley made these pins!!! Get a close look, for they are beyond precious!
This is the corner where Shelley and I made our fused glass pendants for the kiln.
The view! Every building is perfectly maintained, historic and quaint beyond words and every building in this quiet, tiny, country town is an art gallery or shop!!!!! Magic!!!! To be sure!!!!!

Rena Veerkamp Askey, Molly Hicks, Shelley Wittman-Bisch and Paoli, (the most gorgeous little art town you ever did see) equals bliss!!!!! I pinch myself at the blessings I receive knowing these dear friends and creating memories with them is a faerytale day!!!! Thanks friends.

17 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WAIT!!!! WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY???? Come on over, for I too am celebrating April birthdays since mine is April 23....COME AND I WILL PUT YOU on my list of April babies!!!! HOW LOVELY YOUR POST IS TODAY DEAR ONE, and that creative space that you found yourself in with your gal pals is just fabulous!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY...come on over...give me your birthdate, please!!!! Anita

apinkdreamer said...

happy birthday my dear amy! thanks so much for your lovely words! i really appreciate it!
have a fairy wonderful new month!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweet Amy!!! May all of your Birthday wishes come true (it looks as though a few already did), and may your year ahead be filled with joy, good health and fulfillment!!! Birthday blessings & hugs, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YEAH! I have it locked in! YOu are on the April BEACH BIRTHDAY BASH....excellent! MERCI and have a super week. Anita

deb famularo said...

I hope your birthday was as magical as you are!!!!! Being creative with good friends...it doesn't get much better than that.
lots of love...xOxO

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday! Glad you were able to be with friends and share such a magical time. :) Theresa

stregata said...

Wishing you a most Happy Birthday - may your days be filled with sunshine and laughter, love and inspiration!!!

b.b.flockling * Rose said...

You have been on my mind lately, and now I know why. Happy Birthday, dear Amy!!
You are so blessed to have such precious kindred spirits as friends and to celebrate with them in a real fairytale town! Is there really such a place as this gracing the earth?!
Thank you for sharing your day and for brightening mine...love, Rose

LuLu Kellogg said...

Isn't it wonderful to create with your girlie friends...it's just the best!
Happy Birthday Sweet Amy!
Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Róisín said...

Happy birthday fairy lady! Looks like you had a wonderful day. May the coming year be just as special :)

BALLET NEWS said...

Happy Birthday !

Jessie said...

A lovely day spent with friends!xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Amy dearest! I have the car ready and I am picking up THE SISTAHOOD for our birthday romp! COME ON DOWN!!!! Anita

Zuzu said...

Perfect! What more could a girl wish for? :)
Happy Birthday, dear Amy!!!
~ Zuzu

Georgianna said...

Oh, dear and sweet friend, Amy! Happiest of Birthday Wishes!! What a special and wonderful day this must have been. I love the photo of you all together and am so happy you shared so much magic and joy.

I'm crushed if I missed your birthday while I was traveling but will make up for it, promise! Extra treats for you and thank you so much for your beautiful words. xoxo – g

Idamaria said...

Looks like you had a simply wonderful time in Paoli...love,love the photo of the brick building behind the creek!

EDEN said...

they are precious those pins...
i have missed my visits here...
its always so sweet here
with you...xoxo Eden