Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Softly subdued are the harsh, snapping branches of my mind...


Snapping subdued, I see where my dreams take me...

I dream frequently, ideas come sit at my bedside, they snap at me for recognition, until they hear the scratch of pencil on paper blindly written because of sleep-lidded eyes, closed, my mind thought for the night. The imagination stirs always, a thought begun. It branches out over the mud of thawing days and begs for attention. Thoughts of lesson plans, ideas to teach stretch out and give me joy until I follow out to the feeblest, enticing, end of a bare branch not realizing enthusiasm may not be accompanied by parachute. I smile as I waft down as the branch bends under my expectations and land in the soft dream of snow and subtlety. I look up from my blankets and write down my ideas for I do treasure them and they build ladders and grow so beautifully in the minds of my future students. I guess I will always climb, even if that means interrupted nights and free-falling ventures.
I like how I land, paws down, smiling, still looking up at my lofty ambition while soft, white, fluffs land on my lashes. Sleep may not keep my ideas at bay, but, in the end, I like living this way. Just knowing this is the softening of the branches I grip and I lay high above in the tree tops where there is no more snapping branches. They have my attention. Soft and focused and full of embrace I listen to the muses and snowflake whispers.
I will be grading college papers and enjoying thinking of my students on their way to the careers they climb towards, this week. I am dreaming, also of teaching so many things, literature, art in relation to history and literature, clockwork and thoughts of Metamorphosis and unconditional love... my head is full, friends. Hope to visit all of you within the next couple weeks with more frequency. Thanks for the patience, as always... Blessings and light, Amy

8 comments:

Georgianna said...

Incredibly beautiful, touching and poetic, dear Amy. Take your time and enjoy your present endeavors to the fullest. love, g

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, I am with you. I know....this is a hard time of the year. Love and blessings and I LOVE THAT NEW DOLL ON YOUR SIDEBAR!!! Keep dreamin', Anita

BALLET NEWS said...

very beautiful...

Jacqui said...

Lovely, lovely words. Thank you for sharing with us lucky people.
I love the doll too!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

...and thank YOU for accepting all for WHO THEY ARE....what other choice do we have, since we are bound together?

LOVE AND GREAT PEACE TO YOU DEAREST AMY, Anita

duendes said...

Beautiful pictures and poetics words.
Blessings and hugs.

Zuzu said...

I love how you've written this, Amy - so full of wonder and beauty!

Ideas, "pictures" and colors come to mind when I am in that place between dreaming and waking. It's such a magical time!

Jamie Burch said...

Beautiful, magical words, Amy! Love the possibility echoing throughout this piece.

Thank you for always bringing me sunshine and inspiration.

Creative Wishes,
~Jamie