Thursday, March 17, 2011

I shall live in a little fern forest in a house carved from bark by my Da...


I would gather little fire twigs and delicious berries, for warmth without and within,

I would have an understanding with the local magic cat, she could use my chimney when she wished to rub her chin. I would pretend to shake the rugs out after returning at journey's end with tiny muddy feet to a Thumbelina abode for a faery foundling friend...



My house would welcome all visitors, small and very tall, my hospitality would know no end, they need not bring anything at all. I would hum a little Celtic ditty with the bee and the purring kitty in a soft pentatonic scale
and the music would cure all the woes and relieve those who wail. I wish I could have my Da carve a little abode for every homeless soul and every new orphan and it would be planted, safely, in between the fern and the sunbeams. I shall live in a little fern forest in an abode meant for all. Blessings to all who are lost with muddy feet and tear streaks and torn green and devastation around them. Blessings to all.
Faery House Art Carving by Ross Sperry, my father.




15 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

What a beautiful post today, Amy! Full of love, light, warmth and caring. The little fairy house is pure magic! Thanks for sharing your keepsake. Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

deb famularo said...

That is so beautiful Amy. I see where you get your artistic talent from, that fairy house is so amazing! Thanks for speading your sunshine in that special way of yours!!! xOxO

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ooooo! May I live in that little house? I have a couple of carved gnome homes and they never cease to enchant me. Your da, what a craftsman dearest, and you, such a soul. Peace, Anita

Terri said...

Oh so dear a post! I feel your love all, and I so appreciate your desire to help. The little house is so sweet, and your description of it so fanciful!
Hugs to you!
Terri

Abi said...

Oh your dad is so talented! How adorable.
I love your thoughts, and I do hope you are feeling better.
Hope you have a great weekend Amy :O)

Sheila said...

Lovely!! I'd love to spend some time in that wonderful fairy house. Adore it. Just checking to see if you are feeling better...I hope so!!! Thinking of you and wishing you 100 percent! Sheila

stregata said...

I wish we could all live in a fairy house - far away from natural and manmade catastrophes.

Róisín said...

I loved your little whimsy about your life in the fairyhouse, especially the bit about the cat, and I was delighted at the end to find out your father made that! He must be wonderful, and I can see were you get your sense of wonder from ;) Great post as ever my friend!

Denise said...

Your prose and pics are perfect.I love the forest and all the iddy biddy dwellings.You have my imagination! so fun to finding people who enjoy the same things I do.Glad to see your Dad had a love for the wee ones too.Denise

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

So beautiful sweet Amy! The Faery House is so beautiful and enchanting!
Have a lovely day my friend,
Joanna

Jacqui said...

What a beautiful post! How clever! You have made my day
xx

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a beautiful faerie home! Your father is amazingly talented. And a spot a magical kitty in the forest realm, too. Theresa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, thank you for visiting yesterday!! I tried responding back through the profile from which you commented, but no access! THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF ME!! Now, I am off to work...spring break is next week for me!!! BISES, Anita

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Hello my faery friend...beautiful post..I love these creations by your father...they are amazing!Wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Spring and see what magic you are up to lately...shine on kindred and hugs!
Kiki~

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

What a precious blog-home, you have here!

Gentle hugs...