Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death." ~unknown


I will choose to feed my faith in the colorful circle of life, feed the faith I have in myself. Nothing else is real. "FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real." as my friend, Joni reminds me and "There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them." ~ Andre Gide
"Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile... initially scared me almost to death." ~ Betty Bender It is the faerytale mentality to never feed the fears, to venture, head against the winds, with faithful friends of varied strengths and virtues, and believe. I emerse myself in the stories of humanity, in faerytales, not because they are escapism. No, do you see? Faerytales, they are the grit, they are the rising above, they are the blind faith in good, blind not in ignorance, only because we can't always know what is around the curve. Faith in the circle, in hope, is the faerytale. Faerytales shine because they are forged with hot, searing, determination. The diamonds of hope are most brilliant when faced with the cuts of metamorphosis. The victories of the spirit glow with light when, at the end, the heart is stronger because the feet are bloodied with travel and the lit heart revives our realization that we may be small, but we can. We must. and we can.

13 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow - just what I needed to hear. Life is short and we must overcome the fear to achieve MORE in life! I hope you are well; I've been so busy lately, I haven't had much time to blog or post. And how I've missed it! These lovely, special places that are such a solace. Take care and continue feeding your faith :-) Sheila

Silke said...

My dear sweet friend, this is just what I needed to read - I've had such unfounded anxiety this month (I think it's been in the ether) and I am slowly finding back to my center where I am fearless. I've always loved fairy tales, because they've always taught me that incredible hardships can be overcome... Much love to you! Silke

Abi said...

Just what I needed to hear too!!!!
Thank you, you lovely woman :O)

stregata said...

We should feed on love,laughter and friendship... thank you for sharing.

Creative Grammie said...

Well said, what a wonderful boost for everyone! TFS

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

The colors. The words. The faith. Ever so gentle, but yet so strong. I love the fact that fear often appears as these HUGE images but really are only shadows of a small and insignificant thing we feed. FEED THE FAITH...yes, YES!!! Love those fruit loops...Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I really hear you all on this! I am so glad it gave so many boosts. Don't you think that is the magic of friends, blogs, journals? I find solace in all of you, as well. Blessings.

Jessie said...

Wonderful words Amy. Thankyou so much for your wisdom today.xx

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Awesome...Beautiful post Amy..as always you are a magical weaver of the heart!
HUgs Happy Springtime my faery friend!
Victoria~

Ps; I always get cool word verifications here..this one say
" braves"...how fitting for the post!

and A few times I get Sam..know anyone named Sam? just wondering!

Have a happy day!

deb famularo said...

I love this Amy! Again, you have strengthened my beliefs and it's so nice for the reminder. Sometimes I let fear have an upper hand, and I have to realise it's only what I make it to be- it's a thought, it's not real. False Evidence Appearing Real- yes, I'm burning this into my mind!! You are amazing! xOxO

Róisín said...

First of all - is that breakfast cereal??? Such colours!

Anyway, just wanted to say that as usual I loved this post! I think you just summed up every fantasy book I've ever loved :) And I agree with what Silke said, there seems to be a lot of doom and gloom about the place these days and it's refreshing to come across a little bit of sunshine. x

mirsini's creations said...

Amazing post! Your words speak to my heart! Thank you for spreading your light dear Amy! Have a lovely weekend! :)

kat said...

Oh yes Amy, you put into words what's in my heart too.
That fairy tales are worth believing in that there's more much more to them than just mere children's stories.
Your piece about the circle and hope, it spoke to my spirit and helped me. Thank you honey.
I have heard that term "false evidence appearing real" before I think it was Wayne or Marrianne and in relation to ACIM teachings. So precious are the insights shared along the journey our heart takes moment to moment from fear to love.
Love Kathryn x