Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What is love? Truth from a daughter...




Once upon a time... my daughter, tiny and flaxen, was twirling in the park and a forlorn teen was sitting under a tree tearing petals off of a flower, saying, "He loves me. He loves me, not." My little cherub daughter was shocked. She walked over to the girl and smiled a sad smile at her with confusion in her eyes... She said, "What if that flower loved you?" as she looked sadly at the petals on the grass.
This Elf is Vrai, which means truth. The pink hollyhocks were being ravaged by hungry, shiny, bugs one summer and since these were my late Aunt Judi's favorites, I was completely devastated at the time. I thought I would lose Judi's hollyhock forever, if they kept it up. Love sometimes is a difficult thing, isn't it? I realized that to save the plant, until I could figure out how to deter the mean, little bugs ( I know they are not mean, just hungry and misguided or displaced somehow, smile, sigh) I needed to take the blossoms off and they would go away. No pink, fragile, delicacy, no ravaging. I thought, even if this doesn't work and it never blossoms, again, I will have these photos forever to remember my faerytale Aunt. It worked, luckily, and the bugs haven't been back. What I learned was that people must always have the characters in the stories that make you blind for awhile or cry for awhile. For, the truth is, the world can be ravaging. Yet, I think that I have learned a truth or two about fallen petals. These truths are this. If you have a healthy, divine, flower in front of you, you do not pluck petals off it wondering about the love of someone else. If that love is there, it will be a whole blossom, shining in your eyes. Second, sometimes in order to save the whole plant, one must pluck the blossoms and lay them in the light of truth to love for eternity, as a memory, so that wholeness will come, again. Love the light of the blossom in front of you. Hold it in your vision, for you would never pull apart something so perfect asking this... "I love me. I love me, not. I love me. I love me, not." No. You would be so enraptured by the blossom of your heart for yourself and the strength that takes, that you would smile upon the blessed blossom and walk through the dew always back to you...




To yourself. By doing that, the truth is, you would be able to love and be loved for you need not take to fill-up with the answers you think you seek.

11 comments:

Georgianna said...

Beautiful, sweetly-spoken wisdom, dear Amy. A garden teaches much of it, and even more so wise and far-seeing children. Wishing you much magic and brightness on the cusp of spring. xo – g

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My goodness...you have taught well my dear. For our children learn this from somewhere, and no better place than HOME. AND....I received the most darling little fairy from the woods of WI...you are so, so considerate and marvelous; no wonder your daughter is an angel....BISES, Anita

mirsini's creations said...

Hi there! :)
Wonderful post! Your little faery was so right!

mirsini's creations said...

Oh! I forgot to say that i loooove the way you are drawing! And what wonderful pictures!
Kisses :>

Sheila said...

Oh my...this brought tears. Thank you for sharing such beauty. I hope you are well!! So lovely hearing from you - it always, always makes me smile :-)

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Gorgeous dreamy post with beautiful words to hold dear! Shine on..you are Fab-u-Lous!
Kiki
Gorgeous photos by the way..and art!!

Terri Kahrs said...

God grant me the wisdom of a child. Beautiful post, Amy! You've touched my heart. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Denise said...

Lovely,May blessings continue to flow down on you. Denise

kat said...

Amy this is a treasure of a post
So honest and loving
Yes love that is in front of us should not be taken for granted while we seek to look for more
There is always enough inside of ourselves if we but give it to ourselves
Your writing has touched my spirit today- thank you
Love & divine blossoms
Kat x

Zuzu said...

So beautifully written, Amy, and such a pretty fairy to go with your words!
Hugs,
Zuzu

BALLET NEWS said...

What a beautiful post Amy, just like all your others.

Happy Weekend sweets x