Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I made my first doll... I posted her Wednesday to give myself a hug...


I based her on my little elf girls... I have alot to learn... like seams must be tightly sewn... or she loses her bits and fluff... experimenting with paint and markers is something I need to practice more... but, oh, it was fun to have one of my little friends come out to play in 3D...
This week, my lovely 90 year old Grandpa, who blessedly for us, lived with my parents because he was so ill, has gotten to the point where there will most likely be no coming around again. He is in hospital... Wednesday, I posted this for myself because I had phone calls to look into different care options after his downward turn... Hospice meetings... life and thoughts of death. 90 is a long full life. I know. I am grateful my children got to see him weekly and anytime we wanted, they got to care for him, bring him his tray, gush to him about a new toy, or just see his smile and wave. I am not being greedy. I had him a long time. We still "have" him today, a whisper of him... but he is here and well, he is not. So, yes, 90 is a full life, no argument. But, he is my Grandpa: Picker of berries, Fisherman extraordinaire, Welshman, and Kindness. I want more, but I more than that I want peace for him. He is comfortable now... resting... until...
I am loving that we are doing that for him. He is proud of the sisters and family. I know this and so this doll and that thought give me strength for the day ahead and the hug I needed on Wednesday...
I was thrilled to start the doll-making process with my friend, Monica Zuniga at http://www.monicazuniga.blogspot.com/ and hope to make one like she intstructed, soon to keep comfort in the foremost part of my brain... creating can comfort. Thanks Moni for getting me started and I look forward to learning from your wonderful teaching!

13 comments:

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

What a cutie! 3-d rocks ;) Now she can sit by you and have tea, and tell you tales ;)

Motherkitty said...

Not bad for a first. I think she's adorable. Keep creating, but always keep this little beauty close.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dears... hugs are needed today.

Róisín said...

She is adorable Amy! You really can turn your hand to anything, can't you? Looking forward to seeing what other lovelies you create!

Abi said...

Oh my gosh - she's totally adorable!!
I can't wait to see more!! you are one hell of a multitalented woman!

stregata said...

She is wonderful, Amy! I am sure she will have company soon and I can't wait to see...

Faerie Moon Creations said...

She is just so sweet - as is your artwork. :) I love her. :) Theresa

meandering pearl said...

i love her!!! she's precious!!! loveliest thoughts

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You are such a kind soul....your notes are a dust of fairy magic and delight, AMY!!! Enjoy a quiet and creative weekend....Anita

Carol said...

A very huggable doll.
What a lucky man your Grandpa is to be so loved, and what a lucky family to have such a man to cherish for so many years.
I hope that though you will miss him that happy memories will fill your thankful hearts.
Carol xx

Mónica Zúñiga said...

You are so beautiful and I`m sure your grandfather is too, blessings for you both, may our life experience be the best we can so we go from here with happy hearts!
Love...Moni.

justagirl said...

She is the sweetest little doll! Love the soft green!

Blogger said...

By going to RentalCars you can find affordable car hire at over 49000 locations globally.