Saturday, February 19, 2011

Do you think there is a secret garden in the heart?


If there is not, then I shall walk a path of light and imagination until I find a nook behind a mossy wall, seed packet and daisy in hand, looking high and low all over the land so that I may witness what I sow...

Do you think it resides in every little miracle petal to remind us of how intricate we can be?


What if I left for my garden, today, to land on a cushion of peace that even the pokes and the pins of the world could not harm? A garden of the mind and heart filled with the tiniest treasures, petals of inspiration, each. What would thread it all together, wound-up in the recesses of a forgotten garden? Blue skies and pink blossoms next to a babbling brook...

Nests of hopes and treasures in vintage pink bowls...






Fruits of my dreams, prints of those dreams on a light-filled desk.
Seeds from friends and dreams of summer rooms...
Thoughts and people that leave clear impressions like stamps on the soul...
Dreams of beekeepers saving the world, quickly sketched and painted like a spell from the wishes of the mind... Jewels and findings to add some sparkle...
Blossoms of what I create and all I embrace... Full of laughter and humor with my children... my garden grows...

















10 comments:

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Yes, I believe...I have a garden in my heart. Everyone does but many have not been tended to the way they should...and many don't even know it exists {yet}. ♥

If they should ever stumble upon your space and your sweet soul their garden will surely be nourished.

Many Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest one...I see some familiar little scribbles of love here; how sweet of you and how precious this post is! I know there is a garden in EVERY HEART. Some people unfortunately let the weeds over take the lovely place, and others, well, like you, cultivate it to become a garden for all to come by and enjoy. What a peaceful place with all your signature pinks, greens and turquoise. Blessings to you for making my afternoon even more exciting sweet one. Love, Anita

Silke said...

Yes! There is a garden in our hearts and everywhere we look with our hearts! Your writing is so beautiful - I feel as though I step into a faerytale when I come here... Much love to you and your family!! Love, Silke

SarahA said...

Yes definately and blooms more so, after reading your words and gazing upon your pictures.

Christina Aiton said...

what a lovely trip of photos! so much like our minds work, moving from one thought to another, seemingly unrelated and yet a chain. What a charming garden of thoughts and images!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

There is indeed a secret garden in the heart - waiting for the right moment to bloom and spread happiness all around. What a lovely post - your words and images brighten my day! Theresa

stregata said...

Thank you for taking me on a walk through the garden!
There is a Persian saying: that a book is a garden, which you can carry in your pocket...

Georgianna said...

Yes, indeed, there is a secret garden in the heart. Some never reach that space to explore themselves. Helping them to find it is a most worthy endeavor.

The prints are beautiful! How very exciting! Wishing you a magical week. xo

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Oh my gosh Amy...this is a super dreamy post..so beautiful...my heart is stolen with your gorgeous art and words! Wonderfully inspiring! Yay...fabulous and magical...!!and yes i have visited the garden in my heart, glad we are kindreds to know such magical spaces exist for all
hugs

deb famularo said...

Hi sweet Amy!
Your blog is such a "happy place" for me!!! Always a beautiful message, always positive and always full of love. blessings....xOxO