Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where Do I Create Wednesday... a once in awhile tour of my messy, happy, art, world...


On this wonderful Wednesday I am sharing Where I create my art in my living room and What is on my desk at the moment...

My Emily Martin prints, from The Black Apple, flank both sides of my windows and art table and are ever so encouraging... I got them because they remind me of my daughter and myself... The little girl even has an "O" on her ribbon for ornithology, but, I also adore it because my daughter's name is Olivia... (Don't you adore my little Alice painting from the dear and wondrous, Lauren at Fair Rosamunde?)


It is a messy, inspiring, place for me most of the time... I have my Patience Brewster cards out and my Kelly Rae Roberts fairy and Anahata's lovely maid help me be brave. hmm...what else? my pocket watch to keep time... My gifts from my friend, Joanna Rowan Mullane sit where I can see them each day... My Moonstar darling loves to look on from the fireplace mantle...I am playing with Copic markers and loving the softness as they fill in xeroxes of my originals...
I love my Georgianna Lane calendar and my little sailboat girl, above, in the second photo, by my dear friend, Monica Zuniga... I have my gorgeous castle tag from the sweet Anita at Castles, Crowns, and Cottages in my very favorite, pink, bowl. My Crankbunny scissors tell me to "Cut it out!" when I am feeling down. I switch out art from friends on my table, so one day, one of Rena Askeys prints will be out or the darling Rima Staines... it is like inviting them to play with me here at my desk where creativity, messes, light and laughter are always welcome. I am happiest here. Thanks for stopping by.





12 comments:

icandy... said...

you have such a beautiful home and workspace! thank you for the tour, how inspiring you are!
blessings to you, my friend!
happy wednesday!
oxoxox
christina

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Christina! You light up each day! blessings.

Silke said...

Oh, I love it!! Your creative place totally looks like YOU! Love the colors, the creative mess, and how everything has a meaning. That's how my studio is, too. Everywhere I am surrounded by what inspires me... Much love to you! Silke

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Yay Amy..this was such a super fun post! your space is sooo enchanting...I love your home..gorgeous and such a charming essence everywhere! I wish I could jump inside and have a spot of tea with you! what do you say?
Beautiful art and creations and oodles of inspiration to start my day..thanks for this wonderful post! Love it! I hope you do more of these posts..this was fun!
hugs
Victoria~

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love how a studio becomes as we are! Silke, yours would be such color and joy! blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Victoria! Thanks! Yes, a spot of tea would be divine! hee hee. Thanks for the words and light you give. Blessings.

jade said...

What a lovely place..........i enjoy beeing here!!! Have a wonderful time,

Hugs Jade

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DEAREST ONE! It is so good to see where you create; it is a happy place, no doubt, and to see your home is a blessing indeed. You fill it with light, I know, and how lucky your family is!

I cannot wait for summer vacation already! I WANT EXTRA TIME TO CREATE WHAT IS IN MY HEART AND HEAD, but I just can't seem to fit that in with our building project going on....but it is almost DONE!!!!!

Happy day dearest, Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

Beautiful, Amy! What a wonderful place to create. Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a nice peek into your creative space. Loved seeing where you create and the collected works you love. Theresa

Georgianna said...

Dearest Amy, Your home and desk are havens of beauty and delight, welcoming, comfortable and magical. I'm honored, truly, that my calendar is right there on your desk with your treasures. It really makes me happy to think of it there, sharing your days. Thank you for this lovely glimpse of your wonderful world! xo – g

Valerianna said...

Lovely work area..... and I'm wondering what color your walls are? I've been trying to find the right green for years, and haven't hit it, but that color looks about right.... if you know what it is, I'd love to find out!