Monday, January 10, 2011

'Tis a gift to be simple, and my neighbors are simply the best...


I dedicate this post to my dream neighbors.

They are like the brother and sister this only child always wished for... generous,


patient with the projects half done...



and things left out, knowing it won't always be a mess.




The coffee house in our little town is a haven for all of us and my neighbors gifted us a lovely certificate for coffees and books. I dream of sitting by the hydrangeas with Mary, in my garden terrace with our coffees, while Alan brings out a book he is excited to show us... What a joy, a simple gift, to have neighbors with such kindness, intelligence and patience. I am grateful
for the light they share and the smiles and sparkles they bring into our lives.

13 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful,touching post.How blessed you both are.

Denise said...

Oh wow,no one else could help.Thank you so much.The more I learn about this the more fun it is.I've never been a computer type girl,but since having this blog I'm becoming more computer friendly.

Terri Kahrs said...

What a wonderful tribute to good neighbors everywhere! They make our days brighter and our hearts lighter! Blessings and hugs, Terri xxoxo

stregata said...

Good neighbors are such a blessing, really.

Silke said...

Oh, what a wonderful post!! We, too, have found a couple of dear friends among our neighbors and it is a blessing indeed. I sometimes think that we moved here to this house simply to meet them and include them in our family... You are lucky!!! Love and blessings! Silke

*✿*millie meadowsweet*✿* said...

how lovely

and your posts also bring sparkle to blogland

xxx

millie

Lori Saul said...

Such lightness and spirit in this beautiful post. Words and art on gossamer wings.Your posts always lift me higher to another realm!

LuLu Kellogg said...

How blessed you truly are!

I wish I had fabulous neighbors like yours!

Happy Monday,
Love, LuLu~*xoxo

Rena said...

you are such an incredible gift Amy, you are a dream neighbor.

love you.xxx Rena

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh this is so perfectly beautiful, Amy. To be your neighbor, or you to be mine...what a joy that would be!!! HAVE A LOVELY DAY DEAR ONE! Anita

Sheila said...

Hi, Amy! I agree - great neighbors are the best! It's so nice to know they are there, close and caring. Our best neighbors moved to Kentucky almost a year ago, and we still miss them tremendously. Hope you are doing well!! Happy New Year :-) Sheila

Melissa said...

OHHHHHHH I just love tip toeing through your blog....leaving with gorgeous images and happy thoughts! You are such a divine creature!!

I too have been so blessed with special neighbors. I try to show them our appreciation and love as much as possible.

Keep inspiring through your art and words my friend!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

How fortunate to have such lovely neighbors! Thank you for another wonderfully inspiring post! Theresa