Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Nothing ever comes when scarcity is believed to reign..." ~Amy


I see only love and charity even with a weary heart...

In The Grimm Brothers' tale, "The Girl Without Hands" the father believes in scarcity. He believes he cannot have if others have and fear reigns his decisions. "I will not survive if I don't take from you. I must sacrifice part of you to find my gain. I cannot make my way if I let others have their possibilities." These are the types of thoughts that must have been part of his mind to make the decisions he made. Only after some have all they think they need to they give love, money, comfort in a charitable way. It is a fairytale with horror and lack of belief in the abundance of this world. I write my life's fairytale in a very different way. I have lack. I have abundant times, too. I have dreams. I have despair creep, too. But, what I write on my page of life is this... I will always see the story as abundant. I know that life is. I can't sacrifice when weary of heart. That is when I must believe the most. I shall write my fairytale from the calm belief of the girl without hands, I will understand others' belief in scarcity, and have compassion for the way they write it out. For if you believe you must not help others to help yourself or sacrifice to gain your own favor, your fruits sour in your hand and scarcity of hope and dreams will play itself out. I will in lack or in riches live out my days exactly how I have... open and giving and joyous for others' success. For in rejoicing in others' joys one sees how they wrote with the sparkling glass quill of faith their story and how they dipped into their abundant possibility and wrote hope...

2 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I love the faerie tale images you're creating and especially love how you translate the stories told to real life. Thank you for the magic! Theresa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It is only in death, in want and in despair that we REACH UP to find the light and tell our story....but we must make that choice, and Amy dear, YOU HAVE BEEN STRONG TO MAKE THE WISEST OF CHOICES....I must, on a daily basis, choose to be kind, happy and helpful in an environment where it would be too easy to be angry and selfish. Bravo dearest, you always shine. Anita