Monday, January 24, 2011

I have my marshmallow shoes on...


and my spine is beginning to hurt like licorice, so stiff and left in the snow...

but, my life is sweeter because of Millie Meadowsweet for she has given me an award, and Rena Veerkamp Askey, my darling angel friend who took me out to lunch Thursday and gave me chocolates with sea salt on top, my favorite! And I have a soft place to land because that same day, Jean Guidone Wyse, another dear friend gifted me this moss to put in my nest of copper sparkle...


So, life is soo sweet even with ice blocks for feet and my head swirling like I am in a cotton candy maker... flu... grr.... you!


Here are some lovely places to visit and some things you may not know about me...


Just a couple, could be thousands, but, just a couple places that stir the imagination...


Louise Robinson's Art and Ghosts at http://www.artandghosts.squarespace.com/


Dear Stephanie Dosen's blog http://www.tinyowlknits.blogspot.com/




And the gracious, amazing, Terri Windling at http://www.endicott-studio.com/ who will feature my art desk sometime this year for her blog. Yay!
Here we go with the little bits and bobs about myself:
~The word Cornish makes me perk-up!
~My children say I rhyme often, especially when stressed or trying to get all four of them somewhere in a hurry.
~I would border my whole yard with purple wisteria, hydrangeas and roses!
~Cabachons make me sigh...
~I have a secret... any adventures in my journals are done by my creation, Blythe Plum. She is my alter ego and stunt double. Thank goodness for her moxy!
~I love the idea of knowing a snowy white owl as a friend. I drive-out to the country to see him and we discuss meadows and the happenings there.
~I am intrigued by all things faery, mossy, and sparkly.
~I love chocolate from friends, listening to the rain from my front porch with a book in hand, berres brothers coffee.
Well, goodness, I hope this is a bit of a diversion for you today and let me know if you ever tell bits and bobs about yourself, all of you, for I would love to visit when I feel better. Off to have a bit of my Vanilla Mint green tea from Joni and a Gail Ambrosius chocolate with sea salt, from Rena to make me feel comforted on this cold day. Blessings all and stay well!
Thanks again to Millie Meadowsweet, the dear, Misa, at http://www.milliemeadowsweet.blogspot.com/ for sending joy and light my way with such a sweet celebration of blogland friends!


10 comments:

Stace said...

I've always fancied a purple-flowering yard, myself. Add a few jacaranda trees and I'm there!

*✿*millie meadowsweet*✿* said...

hello my lovely

this is a most beautiful, magical post on the dearest faerytale blog.

and you are a friend of owls :o) when i first moved to the meadow, there was a barn owl that perched on one of our windowsills and a little owl that perched on a post at the far end of the garden.

Blythe Plum :o) sooooo lovely

i expect you know some Cornish pixie's too.

i'm not used to seeing my name on someone else's blog i kept looking and doing a little dance and i would most certainly dance for chocolates with sea salt on top.

warmest hugs, faery wishes, sparkly plums and owl feathers xxx

millie

Beth Niquette said...

How perfectly lovely!

Silke said...

What a wonderful post, dearest! I was only sorry to read that you aren't feeling well. The flu is no fun! I am sure they fairies are tending to you and you'll feel all sparkly again soon!! Love, Silke

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, isn't Millie just a treasure? She is a faery and brings so much magic to our lives!!!! You dearest, have yourself a wonderful day, Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Dear Amy. I'm sending lots of lovely, warm and healing thoughts your way. Beautiful post today, as always! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Congrats on your award and your wonderful feature in Somerset Studio (what a treat to see!). It was fun to learn a few more tidbits about you. And thanks for sharing such lovely links. I am a big fan of Stephanie's music AND knitting. I own all her music and many of her fun and whimsical patterns. Feel well soon! Theresa

Rena said...

Amy Amy Amy!!! I had the most fun with you last week, I soooo needed Amy time...thank you for the beautiful day my beautiful friend...I do love you so. We need to need to do it again soon.....xxRena

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

What a wondrous joy to interview such spirits and rush out all and get their newspapers! Blessings and thanks.

kat said...

I hope you are feeling more at ease dear Amy.
I so enjoyed reading your bits and bobs about yourself.
The idea of a snowy white owl to visit in a meadow sounds wonderful!
Bless your heart today dear one
Kathryn x
Ps I have just come to fill in the word verification, and you know how it normally says such odd nonsense well- it doesn't on this comment - it's asking me to type the word BLESS!
How fitting :) definitely a sign for us both I feel