Sunday, January 2, 2011

"I cannot be awake, for nothing looks to me as it did before, or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep."~Whitman


"I have heard what the talkers were talking, the talk of the beginning and the end, but I do not talk of the beginning or the end.

There was never any more inception than there is now, nor any more youth or age than there is now, and will never be any more perfection than there is now, nor any more heaven or hell than there is now."~Whitman


Such is the magic of a new year... we become so much more conscious of the faerytale of us... the faerytale of now... and it glows with found possibility... for one only sees what one is capable of in conscious moments of now... Enjoy your now and what you find.
Altered art painting by Amy Sperry Faldet for The Brothers Grimm faerytale, "The Pink," which is about patience, trust and the moral is to slow the reactions to what one perceives is truth.

10 comments:

faerwillow said...

~...sigh...I WILL SAVOR MY NOW!!! what a gorgeous painting and words to fill our hearts with this day...i look forward to the road that lies ahead...seeing and hearing and reading all you will offer up...always insightful...always with grace and enormous beauty...i welcome each day that you are here sharing with us...happy new year my dearest sweet faerie friend...much love light and blessings be with you always~

Terri Kahrs said...

What a beautiful way to start this lovely New Year, Amy! Faerwillow said it best, you are, indeed, an inspiration!!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Happy New Year to you! Your painting is quite lovely. I always look forward to a new year - with the promise of bright things to come. I wish you much brightness and merriment this year! Theresa

Jacqui said...

What beautiful words, and beautiful art! How inspiring! Thank you

stregata said...

Wishing you a most wonderful 2011 - full of health, happiness and magic!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Amy,

An outstanding and magical NOW to you, every day of 2011....how perfect...living in the NOW!!! Thank you for ALWAYS brightening my day with your visits. BISOUS, ANITA

Kiki aka Victoria said...

yay Amy..beautiful magical art..just lovely and enchanting..wonderful energy from it too! Beautiful post!
Hugs my friend..wishing you a magical year!
Kiki~

Róisín said...

Happy new year to you Amy!!! I just want to say how wonderful it's been getting to know you over the past months and that I hope to continue the friendship in the coming year. I'm especially looking foward to all this magical, inspiring blog has to offer and the comfort each visit brings. Thanks my dear and have a fantastic day!

Georgianna said...

Yes, the magic of now, of strength and clarity of vision and the far reaching view of what can be. This beautiful post gives me a shiver of anticipation, Amy! As always, you brighten the world with magic thoughts and graceful ideals. xo – g

kat said...

Happy fairytale new year to you Amy
Your pastel colours here are lovely
Being in the moment
Love Kat x