Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You may say I am a dreamer... but I am not the only one...


"Imagine there is no heaven, it is easy if you try. No hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people living for today. Imagine there are no countries... it isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for and no religion, too. Imagine all the people in life in peace. you may say I'm a dreamer, but I am not the only one. I hope someday you will join us and the world will be as one. Imagine no possessions... I wonder if you can. No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people sharing all the world. You may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one."~Lennon

"National borders aren't even speed bumps on the information superhighway." ~Tim May

9 comments:

faerwillow said...

~what a song written...imagine...something we can all do...to attain such peace written....

gorgeous is this piece you have created....surreal and etheral with its delicate details placed perfectly upon it...warm holiday wishes and brightest blessings~

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I agree. Such peace to see everyone as kindred. This painting is by Margaret MacDonald Mackintosh.

Zuzu said...

No, he's not the only one. This song plays in my head over and over - so full of love and wisdom.
Hugs and a joyful day to you, Amy!!!
~ Zuzu

Incipient Wings said...

that is lovely...and what an appropriate song.

Terri said...

Oh this painting is wonderful. It goes so well with the song.
Hugs,
Terri

Rhonda Roo said...

~*~*~*PERFECTION~*~*~*

Georgianna said...

Pure sentiments for this season and all of them. And I have loved the Mackintosh's work for so many years - ageless and soul-stirrlng. Beautiful, inspiring post.

I hope you are enjoying a lovely, festive week with your loved ones, dear Amy. xo - g

Diane said...

Beautiful!!

Silke said...

I love that song - truly inspired!! And the painting is exquisite!! You have such a talent for putting the right pieces together to inspire us.... Love, Silke